What's new

Favorite Cheap Or Affordable Colognes?

Beware of plastic bottles! Many complain that any scent turns bad after a relatively short period of time. I tend to agree. Lilac Vegetal is a notable example.
Try keeping them in the fridge. Feels real cool especially in the summer. Soothes better too if you have a bad shave. I have been doing it for years. Keeps them fresh too.

All I know it develops into a great scent. The more I use it the more I like it. Warm, soft, earthy feeling. It lingers well past 6 hours on my skin.

Last edited:
Aramis Tuscany and Aramis Havana, both can be had for under $30 and both are amazing in that classic masculine way.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
One of my fave cheap colognes was Stetson Sierra. Didn't use it often, but had a couple bottles over the years. I think it cost $10-12. Just looked on Amazon & ebay to learn it's been discontinued and is selling for about $90 a bottle. Yikes. I used to apply it over Mennen Afta balm. Together they made a nice scent that lasted 4-5 hours.

There are quite a few good inexpensive colognes - and I don't mean "dollar store" cheap, but old-school affordable - $20-$40 for a bottle that's at least the size of a deck of cards. These are colognes that have competed and thrived in the most competitive price band long enough to have fans from multiple generations. These are colognes that have stood on their merits for decades rather than relying on fad or celebrity endorsements or a good marketing campaign to earn them 15 minutes of fame.

In no particular order:

Agua Brava (for that matter, Quorum - also from Puig)
Aramis
Stetson
Polo Green
Drakkar Noir
Sauvage
Vetiver Guerlain
Nautica Voyage

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
One of my fave cheap colognes was Stetson Sierra. Didn't use it often, but had a couple bottles over the years. I think it cost $10-12. Just looked on Amazon & ebay to learn it's been discontinued and is selling for about $90 a bottle. Yikes. I used to apply it over Mennen Afta balm. Together they made a nice scent that lasted 4-5 hours.
I love that stuff! Say it ain't so! It is the ideal cheap winter scent.

Top Bottom