What's new

Favorite Cartoons - Then and Now

Then:

Fred Quimby-produced Tom & Jerry

Now:

Fred Quimby-produced Tom & Jerry

I imported the 10 DVD set from Japan when it came out there - it gets regular viewing here... sometimes my son watches too :lol:

Disney's RECESS is another favorite. It often gave me belly laughs remembering when I used to do those things in elementary school.

Oooh , Recess. I forgot about that one. It's really good. I liked that episode with the Clint Eastwood-esque substitute teacher.

Avatar: The Last Airbender: I accidentally stumbled on this one day while channel surfing. I have to say, this show is a rare piece of work; it’s just high quality through and through. Amazing story that’s actually structured and has an ending, clever dialogue, interesting characters and character development for the villains, amazing animation and some of the most inventive action scenes I’ve ever seen, and best of all, it’s almost totally void of the overly cutesy and childish material that treats children like they’re idiots.
I knew of the existence of this show for a long time now because the name would periodically pop up while scrolling through the channel guide. But I always ignored it because I thought it was some kind of Pokemon-type show.

It popped up again on Monday (there was an all-day marathon) and I remembered that someone here had mentioned it, so I thought I'd watch an episode to see for myself... You were right, I agree with everything you said about it. It turns out that they were airing the last episodes this week, and today was the final episode. But it looks like their going to re-run it again.

Watching the end credits, I was surprised to see that this isn't anime. It's an American show in anime style.

Then: Bugs Bunny. 'Nuff Said.

"Do you want to shoot me now or wait 'til you get home?"

Now: "The Venture Brothers" is genius. Dr. Girlfriend rules the world.

The Council of Ten: "What say you in defense?"

The Monarch: "You guys are d*cks?"

Shout out for the first Bruce Timm "Batman" animated series back in the 90's. Visually unique, Harley Quinn was born, and Mark Hamill was "The Joker." What's not to like?

Then:

Jonny Quest
Bullwinkle
Underdog
Warner Brothers (Looney Tunes, etc.)
Anything by Tex Avery
Tom & Jerry
Beany and Cecil
Hercules (the old ones with Newton)
Ren & Stimpy

Top Bottom