What's new

Favorite carry method?

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I'm not sure I have a favorite but the most common is pocket carry, almost always in a good quality pocket holster.

The next most common is using a Paddle Holster since it's really easy to put on or take off if necessary.

The most comfortable is a pancake type holster but I actually have more traditional field type holsters.

During winter when it's cold enough to wear an over-shirt I use a shoulder holster.

IWB is by far my least enjoyable method.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
With my smaller guns, it's always IWB. Conceals the best with the light clothing I wear most of the year in the humid deep south. I don't conceal carry my full size pistols very often. My 1911s I can carry either IWB or OWB. My J frame has the Barrami hip grips, so it is carried IWB sans holster. Anything else is carried OWB with a cover garment unless at the range or in the field.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Glock 19 IWB mostly, but now I’m getting older, the Glock 43X is finding my waist more and more. Once Shield Arms gets their S15 magazine released for the 43X I might have to permanently make that off duty switch. :)

OWB, mostly. I never could get comfortable with IWB. Even in summer, I can carry OWB with my shirt tails out, especially now with my SIG 365. However, I carried a 1911 that way for a long time when I was younger (and vainer), even in the Texas summers.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
OWB, mostly. I never could get comfortable with IWB. Even in summer, I can carry OWB with my shirt tails out, especially now with my SIG 365. However, I carried a 1911 that way for a long time when I was younger (and vainer), even in the Texas summers.

I have definitely noticed that the Sig P365 and Glock 43X and I'm sure, similarly sized pistols carry very well OWB with just a shirt covering. My syle of dress in the summer is usually a pair of cargo shorts with a tucked in t-shirt and a lightweight, cotton weaved button up over the top. The 365 and 43X all but disappeared in a Mitch Rosen leather pancake holster and with two spare mags on the opposite side. :)

Pocket with LCP II or j frame. Iwb with Kahr CW9 in the colder months. My favorite gun is a SR9. I need a new good OWB for it.... I carry it rarely as it’s too big. The Safari paddle holster I have I don’t like anymore.

I have definitely noticed that the Sig P365 and Glock 43X and I'm sure, similarly sized pistols carry very well OWB with just a shirt covering. My syle of dress in the summer is usually a pair of cargo shorts with a tucked in t-shirt and a lightweight, cotton weaved button up over the top. The 365 and 43X all but disappeared in a Mitch Rosen leather pancake holster and with two spare mags on the opposite side. :)
Yep...I carry my 365 in an R. Grizzle OWB holster, and it disappears under a lightweight shirt. Easiest thing to conceal I've ever owned.

OWB.
Accessible, secure, comfortable... proper holster required however.
IWB? Picked up a Milt Sparks VM 2 for my Glock 43x. Meh....
Sam Andrews and the Ritchie Brothers have nothing to worry about. Sparks' 55BN is a nice piece of work though.

AIWB/Glock 35,34,22,19 and occasionally a 5 inch, all steel 1911.
Highly concealable, speed of presentation, ease of securing and comfort when driving relative to IWB/OWB at 330-400 o'clock position

LCP front pocket with desantis nemesis holster, Glock 43 with muddle river tactical IWB kydex, then a kydex holster for my NAA 22 lr. All depends where I am, what clothes I wear, and perceived risk level

OWB My carry is a 1911 compact or a BHP. I never tried IWB but I don't think it would be too comfortable. Depending on the season it prints some but for me CC is just out of plain site.

Maddie River Tactical? Got pics?
85F403ED-ED50-45A9-8DAA-40104709517C.jpeg

Top Bottom