What's new

Favorite Books from your childhood.

I have very fond memories of my 33rd grade teacher reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to the class. I just started reading it to my 8 year old grandson and he's getting into it.

I actually didn't read this until a few years ago but I would have LOVED it as a kid!!

proxy.php

I read all the classic science fiction stories from the big names in the genre, then discovered the Tom Swift Jr. books, and got through maybe half of the 33-book series before burn-out and moving on to non-fiction histories and biographies.

I became a fan of James Thurber as a result of a HS Sophomore English class in the early 1960s, buying the My Life and Hard Times paperback new for $.50 back then. I still have that book, and although it's been read countless times over the years, and the pages are yellowed, the binding is still tight. In 1969, there was a one-season TV show based on Thurber's writings and drawings, called My World and Welcome To It, starring William Windom as a Walter Mitty-type character. I loved it, but my wife thought it was stupid. Over the years I've collected a dozen Thurber books of stories and cartoons, most of them long out of print.

I became a fan of James Thurber as a result of a HS Sophomore English class in the early 1960s, buying the My Life and Hard Times paperback new for $.50 back then. I still have that book, and although it's been read countless times over the years, and the pages are yellowed, the binding is still tight. In 1969, there was a one-season TV show based on Thurber's writings and drawings, called My World and Welcome To It, starring William Windom as a Walter Mitty-type character. I loved it, but my wife thought it was stupid. Over the years I've collected a dozen Thurber books of stories and cartoons, most of them long out of print.
Hark!

Top Bottom