What's new

Favorite blade in a Timeless .95

Ever have one of those 'DOH" moments? Wednesday was my day to put a new blade in my SS95DC and all I had in the cabinet was an open tuck of PolSilver's so I unwrapped one, cleaned off some of the glue, and put it in the razor and did my usual 3 pass shave. After applying the alum I did my usual routine and broke the razor down and wiped it down along with the blade and then put it back together for the next shave. Everything went pretty good with the shave and although a ting of irritation and a couple weepers, I just chalked it up to 1st use of a new blade and really didn't think much else about it....until this mornings shave!!

I decided I was going to put the PolSilver in my Ti95SB for todays shave and have to say I was a little thrown back as it was actually a Nacet that I pulled out of the SS95DC that I'd used 48hrs earlier!! I even cleaned glue spots off and then wiped it down after the shave and didn't notice!! I really thought it was a PolSilver!! Now that shave is starting to make a little more sense in how it turned out because I can't remember I had any irritation, letalone any weepers with a PolSilver. I decided to go ahead and shave with the Nacet in the Ti95 and did again the usual 3 pass shave and have to say the Nacet just wasn't as smooth as either of the 2 previous Nacet's I'd tried sometime last year. I'm thinking that for Sunday mornings shave I will make sure I actually put a PolSilver in the razor and put the Nacet aside for the time being...

Personna Reds have been my favorite in the Timeless .95 SS so far.

I have tried them,along with Perma Sharps and Silver Blues.

The GSB is in last place so far,which surprises me.

Polsilvers and Feathers work very well for me in my Timeless .95 but they don't seem to last more than 3 or 4 shaves. For me, the best performer has been Silver Blues for both efficiency and comfort and I get around 7 shaves out of them or about 3 more shaves than any other blade I have used. I have never tried the Personna Reds, but I have some on order to try. I am surprised there is such variation between shavers related to blade performance. It must be related to different shaving techniques and facial hair variation.

If you want a blade with some life in a Timeless, the Persona Red is tough to beat. I just finished shave #26 on the current Persona Red. - Used it for every Timeless 95 OC shave in OCtober, and then again this morning for shave #26 on that blade.

I have found my blade of choice in the last year and a half is Shark Super Chrome...
Ti95DC.jpg

I have a 2 - SS 95 and 68 - DC 95 OC and Scallop & DC OC & SB. Polished TI in 95 and 68 DC OC & SB Since I was new to wet shaving with a DE I choose to sample multiple blades to find my sweet spot and the Astra SP was it. As my experience and technique improved I came to prefer the Polsilver, Kai and Feather. Rarely use the 68's anymore but good to know they are there if i need a less aggressive option. The Polsilver is a good default. Sharp but not over the top and smooth. My daily blade is usually the feather but always nice to change it up.

I used a Nacet in my Stainless .95 SB this morning for the first time,and got maybe the nicest shave since I have been using the razor, which is less than two weeks.

I have a 2 - SS 95 and 68 - DC 95 OC and Scallop & DC OC & SB. Polished TI in 95 and 68 DC OC & SB Since I was new to wet shaving with a DE I choose to sample multiple blades to find my sweet spot and the Astra SP was it. As my experience and technique improved I came to prefer the Polsilver, Kai and Feather. Rarely use the 68's anymore but good to know they are there if i need a less aggressive option. The Polsilver is a good default. Sharp but not over the top and smooth. My daily blade is usually the feather but always nice to change it up.

Top Bottom