What's new

Favorite blade in a Timeless .95

I’ve been using a timeless .95 for about 2 weeks now. I get a pretty good shave from a Gillette Nacet. I tried a Voskhod last night and it was ok, I had to work a little harder for a smooth shave and I got very mild irritation on my neck.
Question is what are some of the blades you use in your timeless that give you the most consistent/best results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first few shaves I used a Polsilver. Good results, but not long lasting. My last shave a couple days ago I went with Feather. Seemed much better. I'll do that again today.

My go to blade is the Shark Super Chrome in both the Ti95SB and the SS95DC's that I have but will occasionally use a PolSilver SI which shave me pretty close, not quite as smooth for me like the Shark but I get very good shaves from them...

My first few shaves I used a Polsilver. Good results, but not long lasting. My last shave a couple days ago I went with Feather. Seemed much better. I'll do that again today.

I have some feathers, I was thinking one of those or a permasharp

Astra is very good and smooth.
Feather is good and efficient.
Kai is good and efficient.
With both Feather and Kai for me there is not much to shave the next day. Especially with .95 but also with .68.
I am using SS polished scalloped base.

Breakdown, I have the Timeless Ti with the .68 smooth bar and also the .95 dual comb Scalloped/Open. The .68 and a Feather Blade are a everyday or every other day combo for a 3 pass shave. The .95 I prefer an Astra SP blade for 2 or more days growth. I use the open for first pass and scalloped for the second pass. Gives me a BBS irritation free shave everytime. My skin is very sensitive and can only use the .95 every other day due to its efficiency.

While an Astra SP & KAI are pretty smooth, they're not as smooth as a Personna Red or Nacet for me, and the Nacet is by far the smoothest blade I've used in my 95 OC. - It's also one of the sharper blades, so one pass gets me darn near BBS with a second cursory pass just to grab the stragglers.

I'd forgotten just how smooth the Nacet is in my 95 OC, until I loaded one this morning, removing the Astra SP I've used for the past week or two.

The kicker is, I'll usually rub on a very small amount of Dove Pre-Shave when using my 95 OC, and just used the Stirling Tuscany this morning, sans the pre-shave. This mornings shave was supremely smooth and close, even without the pre-shave.

US Personna. I've learned from hard experience to use a Feather only in my AS-D2. Personna provides a great shave in the Timeless, but actually my Timeless razors seem not to be picky about the blade - including GSB, Astra, Derby, Polsilver and Nacet. I haven't been able to get a Voskhod to work for me in anything really - like shaving with a broken glass.

I’ve been using a timeless .95 for about 2 weeks now. I get a pretty good shave from a Gillette Nacet. I tried a Voskhod last night and it was ok, I had to work a little harder for a smooth shave and I got very mild irritation on my neck.
Question is what are some of the blades you use in your timeless that give you the most consistent/best results.

I found that Kai works the best for me but Yellows are a close second. My Timeless .95 OC was probably the hardest razor for me to get right. I had redness and irritation my first several shaves and did not pick it up like a lot of new purchasers do. Once I figured out to stay more neutral or parallel to my face, it smoothed out. Now it is one of my best. Keep at it, it took me a few weeks to really get a handle on it.

Got a much closer and smoother shave this time with a Ti 95 SB paired with GSB blade compared to my last few shaves with a Personna Red.

I too have a scalloped 0.95 Timeless and found Feathers to be irritating. The same went for Kai albeit a little less so. Currently, I'm using a Shark and find it's great, giving a nice balance between smooth and close. Easily can get a BBS with two passes and some touch-up. Get no irritation with this setup. I've got a few others that I'm looking to try however I find technique is just as important as the blade so ensure that you're focused as the 0.95 requires a little more attention than a more mild razor.

I don't have Feathers...but have used polsilver and persona with good results.
One blade which really surprised me is 7o clock greens made in South Africa.
really nice and smooth. I had some 70clock black and they are just too thin and flimsy

Give a Nacet a shot, they're very sharp and best of all super smooth and comfortable in my SS 95 OC. Personally, I feel they're smoother than the GSB, KAI, and Astra SP in my Timeless. (The Personna Red are pretty smooth, but not quite as sharp, and require more strokes to get down to the same closeness for me).

I'm near BBS after just one angled ATG pass with a Nacet loaded, with really only touch-ups needed, but I'll usually do a 2nd pass to make sure I catch all the stragglers and make it BBS. - Only exception is the mustache area, just can't start with ATG on the upper lip, and need to angle it a bit, and then slowly straiten the razor as I buff it. (I can with my Rockwell, or Gillette Adjustable turned down to 4/5, but not the most others).

Top Bottom