What's new

Favorite Blade Format

What is your favorite blade format - your "go to" when you want your best & most comfortable shave?

• Artist Club (AC)

• Double Edge (DE)

• GEM

• Half DE

• Injector

• Other (Please Elaborate)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
DE, only because it expands razor and blade choice. However, if I had to shave with the same razor and blade every day it is the AC Proline mounted on the Vector.
I didn't have great success with the Schick Prolines in my Claymore Evolution... not bad, but I only got three shaves out of each blade and even the first shave wasn't that smooth. I seem have better luck with both the Feather ProGuards and the Kai ProGuard MGs... could just be my beard though. I am still amazed at how subjective wet shaving is.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I didn't have great success with the Schick Prolines in my Claymore Evolution... not bad, but I only got three shaves out of each blade and even the first shave wasn't that smooth. I seem have better luck with both the Feather ProGuards and the Kai ProGuard MGs... could just be my beard though. I am still amazed at how subjective wet shaving is.
The Kai Proguard MG is an awesome blade in the Vector. Gives up a bit of efficiency to the Schick Proline, but is the King of Smoooooooth. :cool:

The Vector SB + Schick Proline + Timeless or TiBam Ti Handle. Favorite kit! :001_wub:
The Vector SB + Proline + Blackbird Handle (all machined). :001_wub:

IMG_1998 (002) copy.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Yes... that Timeless Crown handle.... I'm still in your debt over that choice. If you ever get a Claymore Evo, it will make it sing, not that the OEM handle is bad.
Debt repaid. ;)

You've got me jonesing for a Claymore Evo. :)

My Lovely Bride says, "thanks a lot". ;) :rofl

Most frequently selected, or preferred (possibly because it's less frequent)?

Most frequently selected : Half DE (Focus Slim Al, Yaqi SE head, RR Eco, Leaf Twig Thorn and a whole bunch of cheap shavettes)

Preferred : Tondeo TSS3 / Miraki 65mm (Dovo Shavette / Boker Barberette black insert)

[I voted "other".]

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Most frequently selected, or preferred (possibly because it's less frequent)?

Most frequently selected : Half DE (Focus Slim Al, Yaqi SE head, RR Eco, Leaf Twig Thorn and a whole bunch of cheap shavettes)

Preferred : Tondeo TSS3 / Miraki 65mm (Dovo Shavette / Boker Barberette black insert)

[I voted "other".]
That works. :)

Whichever blade format is your "go to" when you need a top tier shave. :)

I've only shaved with the Personna and the Chinese Schicks so far and I like the Personna a bit more, since it's slightly sharper and injector razors feel already too mild for me, so a bit more sharpness is never a bad thing.
Save an empty injector and load it with a Proline 20 to insert into your favorite injector razor and feel the magic.

I'm the lone GEM voter, so far. I've been using DE razors for a long time and never really wanted to bother with a new blade format. I found a couldn't-pass-up deal on a Sabre so I gave the GEM format a shot. It's completely re-set the smoothness vs efficiency tradeoff that I've built up in my mind with DE over a very long time.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I'm the lone GEM voter, so far. I've been using DE razors for a long time and never really wanted to bother with a new blade format. I found a couldn't-pass-up deal on a Sabre so I gave the GEM format a shot. It's completely re-set the smoothness vs efficiency tradeoff that I've built up in my mind with DE over a very long time.
Used my Sabre L2 today. Outstanding shave! :)

Top Bottom