What's new

Favorite All Purpose Gym Shoes?

Ahhh... if you are considering Sambas, these are right in your wheelhouse. Behold:
Mexico 66 | Onitsuka Tiger United States

If you're really feeling it... go for the Bruce Lee version
I recently tried on a few pairs of this brand (not sure of the country of manufacture), but IMO they are a little bit narrower than a typical Nike. I could not find a single pair that fit comfortably in the toe box.

I have a couple of pairs of Vibram Five Fingers that I wear at the gym. I like the minimal, flat soles for lifting. I generally keep a pair of running shoes that I'll pulled out of my regular rotation for the gym too, in case I have something in particular in mind that won't work with the Vibrams.

Adidas Sambas are great. I love them. But...i now have terrible shin splints. I'm not too quick to blame the shoes, though, because I also did some silly things that may also have caused them. I'm waiting until they heal to make a full judgment. In the meantime, I also picked up a pair of classic New Balance 500s in gray and blue. For forty bucks, I figured why not!

Making stellar progress in the gym, regardless :001_tongu

Speaking of which, gotta love people's work ethic. Instead of 'what are you eating', or 'what sort of training do you do', the question is immediately asking what "cycle" I'm running :001_rolle

So I'm resurrecting my old thread. The Sambas have seen the end.

20200515_130403.jpg
20200515_130403.jpg
8018.jpeg

Gyms are opening back up Monday and we received a $125 gift card at work the other day. Needless to say, daddy needs a new pair of shoes. I've decided n the Adidas Handball Spezial in Navy suede. Was going to go with light blue suede but I figured they'd dirty easily. It came down to Converse or Vans until I saw these. The reviews mainly state that it's much like the Samba but a little step up.

Screenshot_20200514-065908_Chrome.jpg

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Good luck with the new kicks. Funny, I missed this thread last summer. I’ve been working out in New Balance Minimuses (Minimi?) for years. I ran in them...once. Yeah, that was dumb. Even mid-foot striking, they beat the hell out of me. I’ve been Chuck Taylor-curious for a while, but never pulled the trigger. They do look cool!

The Minimus was on my short list, also, but I get shin splints easily and knew they would trigger them. The gum bottoms on the Adidas are awesome and very long wearing. Let's see, I've had them going on a year, have worn them approximately half the time I've worn shoes since and frequently put 20-30k steps in a day, bare minimum. I think they were worth the $80 I paid. Adidas has never disappointed me, not even with the retro remakes of old classics.

Top Bottom