What's new

Favorite alcohol/food pairing

Recently, I've become quite a fan of peaty scotch paired with extra sharp white cheddar. Also, I've been enjoying brie with anchovies paired with Glenmorangie.

What are your personal favorite drink/snack pairings?

A nice Barbara wine with red grapes and a nice aged cheese like Dubliner...on the same note a Sam Adams Octoberfest with a good sausage and garlic fries suits me just fine.

A nice Barbara wine with red grapes and a nice aged cheese like Dubliner...on the same note a Sam Adams Octoberfest with a good sausage and garlic fries suits me just fine.

Beer and sausage does go great! I'll occasionally go for a hot Italian sausage with a nice ale.

Call me a purist, but I really don't like to pair food and whisky. Kind of takes away from the nuances of the spirits.

Having said that, I just returned from Japan. Sake and sashimi go ever so well together, as does Guiness and any kind of pub grub.

Bourbon and good chocolate, they make bourbon balls for a reason :biggrin1:

One of my most favorite pairings though is a good port with nice Belgian milk chocolate mmmmm.

A particular favorite of mine is Margaritas and chicken fajitas. Especially a Margarita made with no mix (or sweet and sour) but simply fresh limes.

i was fortunate to recently pair up a fruity taste-bomb of a california cabernet with some slow-cooked short ribs and potato puree.

that's just good eatin'.

Bourbon and chocolate chip cookies, happened one night when all I had was Bourbon and chocolate chip cookies and I've never looked back. :biggrin1:

When I used to drink, without doubt the be pairing was a nice slab of Angus beef, Scotch fillet cut, cooked rare and a bottle of second growth Bordeaux red like Chateau Lascombes.

Top Bottom