What's new

Fav soap/cream for women?

This could go in either the Soaps sub-forum, the cream sub-forum, or duplicate threads in either, but I hate duplicate threads, so I'll post in general.

I'd like to get a soap or cream or two for my wife so she can try out DE shaving.

I picked up a lavender Yaqi DOC and a brush in the 11.11 sale to put in her Christmas stocking. I'd like to give her a feminine soap or cream too. Anybody have any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

My wife prefers Stirling soaps with a large synthetic brush. She is currently going the Stirling Christmas tree and Stirling tea tree.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Kiss My Face shaving cream in the big pump bottle. Your choice of scents, but "Lavender & Shea" and "Pomegranate & Grapefruit" are nice. They also have an unscented version.

Dr. Jon's Sakura Musk from WCS. It is androgynous enough that I wouldn't mind using it, but tips toward the feminine. Definitely a great smell and a nice performer.

Other than that there's a million lavender soaps, tea tree, eucalyptus, citrus, etc. that aren't geared toward smelling like the 1920's barber shop or a lumberjack that just passionately hugged a campfire wearing leather chaps.

Dr. Jon's Sakura Musk from WCS. It is androgynous enough that I wouldn't mind using it, but tips toward the feminine. Definitely a great smell and a nice performer.

Other than that there's a million lavender soaps, tea tree, eucalyptus, citrus, etc. that aren't geared toward smelling like the 1920's barber shop or a lumberjack that just passionately hugged a campfire wearing leather chaps.
What soaps exactly are the 1920's barbershop or more importantly which one is a lumberjack that just passionately hugged a camp fire wearing leather chaps.

That 2nd one sounds pleasent.

:)

KM

Having been through this sort of thing (unsuccessfully) with my wife, I would suggest that you grab a cream (slightly easier and quicker to use than a soap) and in a scent which you could enjoy if your wife won't. I'm currently using a great rose shaving cream from DR Harris because no one else will.

What soaps exactly are the 1920's barbershop or more importantly which one is a lumberjack that just passionately hugged a camp fire wearing leather chaps.

For best lumberjack scent, I nominate "Texas on Fire" by Stirling Soap Co.

For barbershop scent, I nominate "American Blend" by Fine Accoutrements.

When you absolutely, positively, do not want any woman in the house to borrow your soaps.
:laugh:

I've had success in 'selling' ladies to use coconut oil shaving cream.
Most ladies are already familiar with the positive emollient properties of coconut oil.
So, that's any easy transition to a shaving cream.
Trumper's coconut oil cream is excellent, altho I think Taylor also has one.

trumper coconut oil simpson truefitt and hill spanish leather september 19 2019.jpg

Haslinger’s makes a ‘women’s sandalwood and aloe vera’ shaving soap that would be well worth trying! :a14:

I just got my "texas on fire" sample from Stirling in my Black Friday purchase. I used it for the 3rd time today. I am a fan of it so far. I have yet to try the american blend by Fine but maybe in a year or two I will have room to drop it in the rotation.

For best lumberjack scent, I nominate "Texas on Fire" by Stirling Soap Co.

For barbershop scent, I nominate "American Blend" by Fine Accoutrements.

When you absolutely, positively, do not want any woman in the house to borrow your soaps.
:laugh:

I ordered Soap Commander's Love shaving soap for my wife. It's a true rose scent. Not synthetic or floral. My wife loved it. Heck, it smells so good I'm even going to try it...........👍

I bought some Cremo for my fiance’ and she really likes it. She’s not into DE or lathering a soap or cream so a slick non-lathering cream works well for her. There’s also the added benefit of the plastic packaging which means no rusting can in the shower.

Top Bottom