What's new

Fattest/widest knot?

Think I’m gonna get that Yaqi R1734 Barber Handle Tuxedo Synthetic Shaving Brush I first spotted on “WCS.”

Unfortunately, they’re sold out, so I’m gonna have to order it from Australia. 😮

The Razorock F400 is the biggest knot I have personally seen at 34mm (and want to eventually get) I like the large knots that are getting more common

I got an email from KirbyAllison a few days ago about shaving gear. They claim a 38 mm super badger. The description is rather limited so it’s not clear if that’s really the knot diameter. Since my sweet spot is 24-26 in most cases that’s too large for me.

I got an email from KirbyAllison a few days ago about shaving gear. They claim a 38 mm super badger. The description is rather limited so it’s not clear if that’s really the knot diameter. Since my sweet spot is 24-26 in most cases that’s too large for me.
“Kirby Allison?”

Isnt that the guy who shaves in a TIE? 😳😆

The Razorock F400 at 34mm is a big one. I have it and have used it some times. I do shave head and face at the same time....; it's OK for head, but too big for face, unless you like washing your eyes and ears.....
I am fine w small brushes for face, and 24-26 synthetics for both head/face.

Maybe I'll use this 34 with the cheap soaps I do not care......

“Kirby Allison?”

Isnt that the guy who shaves in a TIE? 😳😆

Indeed it is - in some pictures a shirt and tie all covered with an ancient madder dressing gown. I bought one of the made to measure gowns and can vounch for its excellent quality. Personally, I am a topless shaver and almost never wear a tie for anything, certainly not ever for shaving.

All that said, Kirby Allison does sell some excellent and hard to find products, shoe care, ancient madder, and others. His videos are also interesting with behind the scenes footage at some of the worlds best tailors and shoemakers. While I am sure that they would be decent quality, I am not sure that shaving brushes are his strong suit.

Okay, speaking of the Kirby Allison brush, I stumbled across the YouTube channel and looked up the brush. Is that a Jagger made brush? I'm certain it's only branded as Kirby Allison.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
This Rooney silvertip is the biggest knot I own. I hate it. But if I hang onto it long enough I can sell it as unobtainium for nine hundred dollars. M7s for scale.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Top Bottom