What's new

Fatip vs Parker 24/26C

been looking through photos of both and to me it looks like they have similar blade exposure/gap? Can members confirm/deny this for me? Also is anyone able to post side by side photos?

also, from what i've read the heads on both the pearl and the parker are more or less the same? True or false?

I do not have the Fatip but do have the Parker. The Fatip from what I have read is very aggressive. The Parker is not aggressive at all. Although blade exposure might seem the same, the shave experience is more dependent on blade gap. The Parker a tiny blade gap. I would not recommend the Parker if you have a tough, heavy beard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had them both. I was a big fan of the 24/26 but later I just got away from it. The Fatip is much more aggressive than the 24/26. If your technique is good you will love the Fatip. Nothing wrong with the 24 but it is a mild razor.
Blade exposure is what makes a razor aggressive and the Fatip has much more exposure than the Parker.

I had them both. I was a big fan of the 24/26 but later I just got away from it. The Fatip is much more aggressive than the 24/26. If your technique is good you will love the Fatip. Nothing wrong with the 24 but it is a mild razor.
Blade exposure is what makes a razor aggressive and the Fatip has much more exposure than the Parker.

why is the fatip more aggressive. I have the parker and looking at photos, the fatip doesn't appear to have significantly more blade gap? It's hard to tell without seeing them side by side though.

Yes, the Fatip OC is considerably more aggressive than the Parker OC. The Parker OC is similar to the Pearl OC.

Blade exposure not blade gap is what makes it aggressive.
This. It's all about blade exposure, and the Fatip has it, the Parker not nearly as much. I have both and, as other posters have noted, the Fatip is a very aggressive razor, while the Parker is fairly mild. Both are excellent razors in their respective categories, but the shaves are dramatically different.

I recently acquired a FaTip Piccolo and as stated already it is an aggressive razor, but keep in mind that a razor is basically only as aggressive as the blade you put in it. With a Kai it was too aggressive for me, but with Shark SS or SC it is a mild/aggressive so it has become a twice a week razor in my rotation. I can't personally speak for the Parker as I have never owned one, but from what I have read they are very mild razors even with the most aggressive and sharpest of blades...

Top Bottom