What's new

*Fatip Slant*

Is the blade aligned? maybe w blade in tighten, then loose 1/2 *head down* grab handle and shake a bit....re tighten....sometimes this works for me.... .

Does if feel rough on both sides? or just one.....

I checked alignment, loosened, aligned, tightened several times, it was as aligned as I could get it (pretty good).

Rough on both sides. Though rough is probably not the right word, it was pretty uncomfortable on both sides.

Yeah, the Fatip has blade feel. Much more than a Slim. No one here has ever said otherwise .

It’s a matter of getting used to it, though. For me a Slim was too inefficient, while a Fatip gives me a nearly BBS shave with one WTG pass

Several people told me in this thread that the FOCS has less blade feel than the Slim, and is more efficient. I saw similar comments elsewhere. That's why I got it.

I checked alignment, loosened, aligned, tightened several times, it was as aligned as I could get it (pretty good).

Rough on both sides. Though rough is probably not the right word, it was pretty uncomfortable on both sides.

Several people told me in this thread that the FOCS has less blade feel than the Slim, and is more efficient. I saw similar comments elsewhere. That's why I got it.
I see. You won’t lose much money if you put it on BST, but maybe try a different blade first?

20201222_064235-01.jpeg

Very good shave, though my shaves with the go-FOCS are even better with a sharper blade.

Hmm. I thought I was the odd one out but it seems like more people agree that FOCS has good amount of blade feel. Not sure if there are some differences in the razors but my FOCS is almost comparable to a R41, maybe slightly less in aggression.

I told a member that the FOCS wasn’t as aggressive as a Slim wide open. I stand by that.

I do not get that a 🦊 has a lot of blade feel, to me it is about like a pre-war Tech in blade feel and nowhere near my Red Tip.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I told a member that the FOCS wasn’t as aggressive as a Slim wide open. I stand by that.

I do not get that a 🦊 has a lot of blade feel, to me it is about like a pre-war Tech in blade feel and nowhere near my Red Tip.
I find the FOCS as smooth and comfortable as my Game Changer .68, but more efficient.
I am surprised that people are finding it harsh or uncomfortable.
I don't fiddle with the blade on my FOCS as I might with my other open comb Fatip razors. I go by what @Raven Koenes said, "with the FOCS, when the alignment looks wrong it's right".

I did notice one or two brand of blades that I have were not as smooth as others. My favorite blades in all my Fatip razors are GSB, Voskhod, Astra SS, Gillette Platinums, and Gillette 7O'Clock blacks. YMMV

I noticed this little circle in the top cap of the chrome FOCS, which thankfully the gold doesn't have, not a big deal but it did kinda bother me on the chrome a smidge. Does anyone else's have this? View attachment 1197652

I have the same on my Fatip Grande that I noticed one day after some time after buying it, and I am almost sure it wasn't there when I got it. I thought to myself that it happens when you over-tighten the handle and the threaded pin "pulls down" the coating in that spot. I don't have it in two other fatips that are newer and less used.

Does it make sense?

the FOCS redeemed itself today, after a pretty rough shave with it last time. Closest shave with this tool yet! This “5 oils” soap from Officina Artigiana is *damn* good, so maybe that was part of the magic formula...

View attachment 1199431
This is pretty much my first high-end soap/AS and I couldn’t be happier. Awesome scent, super lather and post shave feel. Looking forward to use the Stay Traditional Citrus/Grapefruit bomb in Summer.

This is pretty much my first high-end soap/AS and I couldn’t be happier. Awesome scent, super lather and post shave feel. Looking forward to use the Stay Traditional Citrus/Grapefruit bomb in Summer.

How do you like the AS? Virtually impossible to get in the USA right now...

How do you like the AS? Virtually impossible to get in the USA right now...
I’m on my 3rd bottle :c9:. As they say on their homepage 15% fragrance oils so you can absolutely use it as an EdT. I decanted one flask into an atomizer to use it as such. The scent easily holds for 8 hours. Producer is Rasoigoodfellas/Barbieri Uniti in Bergamo so I would inquire with them about Distributors in the States. I believe this is the Company who also produces for Razorock.

Barbieri Uniti Srl
  • Warehouse Address: Via XXV Aprile 21, 24020, Scanzorosciate (Bergamo)
  • -
  • Vat Number IT04120510161
  • Capitale Sociale 104.000€
Contact Us

All right, thanks to your enthusiastic encouragement, I ordered a new chrome Lo Storto OC Piccolo to replace the Mk2 Piccolo I stupidly smashed against a tile floor last year. I really hope it lives up to the hype.
:laugh:

This thing has been on my wish list for months. The annual sabbatical has a restock window during the first two weeks of January, so I'm finally getting one now. Good thing the Piccolo version just become available recently. Special thanks to @Multum in parvo for making me aware of that. It's coming from Gifts&Care in Spain.

Last edited:
Top Bottom