What's new

*Fatip Slant*

It's a slant. No blade feel is the point. And in this one, it is indeed very minimal. Like your Tech but efficient.
Zackley 👍🏻

Nowhere close meaning a lot less than a Slim set at 6?
Correct, pdieten explained it well. The blade is much more solidly clamped than a Slim and the gap is tiny. Despite the gap, it is very efficient. Being a slant and open comb, it will glide like a hockey puck once you get a few shaves under your belt.

For me, there is a noticeable amount of blade feel. It's comparable to Progress at 3.5 and probably highest for Slim for me.
I’ve never heard anyone who said a Lo Storto Originale had a lot of blade feel and definitely not like a Slim wide open.

To me, compared to a Tech or SS I can’t even tell it is cutting.

Comparatively in blade feel a Red Tip is a machete.

20201209_232916-01.jpeg

No Piccolo for me. I will stick with the regular handle since I have no complaints with the hollow handle.

I’ve never heard anyone who said a Lo Storto Originale had a lot of blade feel and definitely not like a Slim wide open.

To me, compared to a Tech or SS I can’t even tell it is cutting.

Comparatively in blade feel a Red Tip is a machete.
I may be the odd one out but to me, it has mid-high blade feel. I'll have to revisit it just to make sure.

I may be the odd one out but to me, it has mid-high blade feel. I'll have to revisit it just to make sure.
Well YMMV is a real thing.

The RR GC razors were like that to me. I didn’t think there was anything great about them but I know most love their’s.

I was going to pull the trigger today, but then the parcel would arrive while I am away for the Holidays... I will have to wait one more week :)

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
12-11-20.Rave'sManchurian.FOCS.Vitos.640.JPG

Little note here for Rave @Raven Koenes and Cal @Cal and Rudy @Rudy Vey . This Zenith Manchurian continues to impress me. It's changed (again). It now reminds me even more than it used to of the Shavemac 2 band (not the D01).

12-3-20.Executive-#4.RV-IBO.Vitos.640JPG.JPG

6-4-20.Zenith.Copper.Manchurian.ABC.FOCS.640.JPG

It's considerably different from my copper handled Zenith Manchurian (which I also love). That one is much more dense, and has far more backbone.

I have some great brushes, certainly including both of my Rudy Vey/Shavemac brushes, but we'll return now to the normally scheduled programing: Notice the beautiful FOCS above; what a great razor!

Happy shaves,

Jim

It was time for the Fatip on deck today! Tabac in stick form after a hotel towel on my face, AP Shave Co. synth brush, and in the FOCS a nearly new Personna Red blade. A most excellent shave, except --

-- I managed to give myself a nick. On the left side of my neck, and oddly it was below and outside the range of my actual stubble . . . so it must have been a moment of inattention as I completed a pass on that side of my neck. Can't blame the razor for that! A little styptic pencil work, and I was done. A near-BBS shave, and no irritation.

The FOCS is truly an amazing tool.

While I really like both my Fatip razors, I just can't stand the short handles. The Ti handles sold on aliexpress fit them fine. But I only own one of them, and as they are a bit pricey, I think I will make one out of Alum and brass for the second Fatip.

Just need to figure out the knurling or something to make it less slippery when in use.

So I do not usually jive with Feather blades. They are harsh to me and do not seem to actually shave any closer.

This morning the 🦊 is back at bat and I looked in my loose blades and .... there’s a few Feathers.

I loaded one up, took a hot shower and lathered up with Taconic Urban Woods.

WTG was drama free, XTG was as well and after touch up, I was BBS. Had a little extra feedback from the Proraso than I do with a Shark Platinum but great shave.

The excellent design of the 🦊 made it so.

F7FEF8DC-74BC-42C8-8C69-A89BDC9AA301.jpeg

View attachment 1192473I have put my regular Piccolo handle on the Go FOCS, works pretty well.
I’ll wait out the gold Piccolo for a regular Lo Storto nichelato whatever the handle may be.

That's what I'm doing with the handles, tried the Lo Storto Chrome first time earlier today and thought it was a great shaver, placed an order for a Piccolo Chrome so I could swap handles and gift the Piccolo head w/Lo Storto handle to a friend or something. Nice looking handle on the Lo Storto but I don't care for the hollow handle design of it, plus i have enough of the "spiral" thing going on with my handles, the Piccolo's knurling would be unique in my collection

Top Bottom