Last edited:
Preshave: None
Razor: FOCS
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
Soap: TOBS Eaton College
AS: GFT Extract of Limes Skin Food
Rating: 9.9/10

Stopped using the FOCS for a while…experimented with a few other razors and finally decided to come back. Highly doubt I’ll try anymore….this razor just works and exceeds all others I have tried. I like it so much I just received my 2nd FOCS…a backup/travel razor.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
World someone be able to take a video of how to align the blade correctly? I have all but given up!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
World someone be able to take a video of how to align the blade correctly? I have all but given up!

Loading the blade should be very simple. The video ⬇ below illustrates exactly how. They're not loading a Fatip Slant, but the technique is exactly as they show. Easy as ABC.

My guess is you're overthinking it or you have a weird razor or you have some little loading technique issue.

1602982450936.png

After you load your razor (as in the video) post some photos of the blade in the razor from various angles. Maybe it will show something.

It took me a while to get my head around how wonky looking a correctly loaded slant's blade can be. My Fatip Slant is always perfectly loaded, but it could look wrong to somebody without a lot of experience with Fatips and slant both of which are kinda weird. I have used other Fatips which required adjustment, but it amounted to very little fiddling once I figured it out. I had to look at how an aligned blade looks with a new set of eyes.

Wish I could help more. Probably somebody can.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I honestly do not have to do anything with either of mine except drop the blade on the pins and assemble.

It is right every time.

I know some have apparently gotten a 🦊 with pins not aligned right but I believe a good % think theirs is not right but then find out it shaves perfectly.

I am waiting semi-patiently for a US dealer to get these in stock. I don’t know if I’ll actually pull the trigger and buy one, but they sure are pretty.

Indeed, it's a looker.
According to the retail prices here in Europe (29 Euro) the go-FOCS will likely retail in the US for approx. 36 - 38 USD.
So one does not break the bank to find out if it fits the needs...

Last edited:
Top Bottom