What's new

*Fatip Slant*

The G-FOCS ready for its maiden's voyage :001_wub:
SOTD_20201012.jpg

Received my chrome version of the Fatip OC slant in the post yesterday and eagerly took it for a spin this morning.

Simply brilliant!

Clearly not as aggressive as the Mk 1 Piccolo I usually use, though certainly not mild, but smoother in use.

A 2 pass shave with touch up produced BBS finish with no irritation whatsoever, which is impressive for a first use.

It came with a tuck of Gillette Silver Blues which I didn't like when I used them in a mild razor a while back but performed beautifully in the Fatip.

I do miss the weightier Piccolo handle a little so I might consider swapping one in but I'll give it a few shaves first and see if it grows on me.

Can't recommend this razor highly enough. Quite simply - you need one, buy one! :)

Received my chrome version of the Fatip OC slant in the post yesterday and eagerly took it for a spin this morning.

Simply brilliant!

Clearly not as aggressive as the Mk 1 Piccolo I usually use, though certainly not mild, but smoother in use.

A 2 pass shave with touch up produced BBS finish with no irritation whatsoever, which is impressive for a first use.

It came with a tuck of Gillette Silver Blues which I didn't like when I used them in a mild razor a while back but performed beautifully in the Fatip.

I do miss the weightier Piccolo handle a little so I might consider swapping one in but I'll give it a few shaves first and see if it grows on me.

Can't recommend this razor highly enough. Quite simply - you need one, buy one! :)
47CC2DCF-7AF5-4D29-AD51-677F80841E62.gif

Mine arrived today and I can say without fear of contradiction that FATIPs quality control has improved much on my razor.

lining it up with the comb is at best approximate. The tried and test towel method makes no difference either.

I can get a shave out of it but overall it’s pretty disappointing.
Shabby even

Mine arrived today and I can say without fear of contradiction that FATIPs quality control has improved much on my razor.

lining it up with the comb is at best approximate. The tried and test towel method makes no difference either.

I can get a shave out of it but overall it’s pretty disappointing.
Shabby even
Was supposed to say hasn’t improved much

Was supposed to say hasn’t improved much
I have no idea how to edit this thing.

looks cool straight out of the box UNTIL you try and load a blade.

tried 3 different makes. The cap is horribly askew though I expected that. There’s little or no adjustment on the pins. And the line up on the combs isn’t parallel. Close but no cigar.

can’t be bothered exchanging it.

back to the game changer then

tried 3 different makes. The cap is horribly askew though I expected that. There’s little or no adjustment on the pins. And the line up on the combs isn’t parallel. Close but no cigar.

Unscrew, rattle a little head down and re-screw to tight. Don't waste your time trying to reposition the blade in this razor. Use it......it will work...

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Fatip with 2 slanted heads..jpg

Does anybody know the gap on the Fatip Open Comb Slant?

I have both, but I'm only interested in the slant's gap.

Thanks and happy shaves,

Jim

My game changer .84 is a great combination with my slant (though my slant is a RR German 37 - if you haven't tried one, you really should!)

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I tried a 0.04mm or 0.0015inch and could not get in. It is thinner. I do not have anything thinner.

I tested a 37C Merkur same time. It is 0.92mm or 0.0365inch

Thank you very much.

1602791207083.png

I thought the gap was very tiny, but, boy, oh, boy, this is like a zero gap razor.

1602791333321.png

That's ^ from the Karve (razors) website.

I dislike the use of the term aggressive when a better term (I think) is efficient. Regardless of that, the Fatip is darn efficient. If I consider the information from Karve, Fatip has done a very very good job of maximizing performance without gap.

Thanks and happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom