What's new

*Fatip Slant*

Today's SOTD:

proxy.php

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp Super
Brush: Omega 10005
Soap: RazoRock Gold Label

... and two curious piglets who wandered in to inspect the FOCS. They better watch out, though, or they'll end up just like the piggie that the Omega is made out of! 🐷

The FOCS is like no other when you don’t inadvertently get one with alignment issues like some have.

Hard to describe to people who haven’t tried it.

Just a home run.

Today's SOTD:

proxy.php

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp Super
Brush: Omega 10005
Soap: RazoRock Gold Label

... and two curious piglets who wandered in to inspect the FOCS. They better watch out, though, or they'll end up just like the piggie that the Omega is made out of! 🐷

I want a nickel one but would order this gold one just because, but the shipping is more than the razor 😐

I guess the US vendors will take care soon. @ Maggards, are you listening?

On that particular day @mata_66 spread the message that a golden FOCS was in stock I had a chat with a long time co-worker of mine. He is a passionate wet shaver, we often talk shaving stuff... on this day we inter alia talked about slants - so I mentioned the FOCS... but he was unaware of it. I pointed him to this thread (he does not participate in shaving forums) and I guess you can imagine the result. He immediately placed his order (shipping from Italy to Germany is not a big deal). Before placing his order he offered to join in and to order one more FOCS - but I declined his kind offer (the sabbatical thing, you know... #biting hard on my finger nails)

Today he walked into my office... and he presented his new, shiny golden FOCS to me. It is truly a nice looking razor.

But the best thing is yet to come. After handing back the razor to him he asked me if I was intending to buy a FOCS after having finished my sabbital - I do, so I nodded. He simply replied: "OK, here you go - keep this razor and just enjoy it! Thank you for your great hint, buddy!"

You cannot imagine how perplexed I was, can you? I just stood there open-mouthed.
This crazy guy had ordered two FOCSes.
Frankly, while typing this post I am still shaking my head...

Well, my inital shave with the FOCS will take place on the upcoming weekend - I will skip tomorrow´s shave since the shave with my Rocca today was super close...:biggrin1:
ROC(ca)tober will be interupted shortly by FOC(S)tober :jump:

For those interested here is my initial impression of the look and feel of the golden goodie:
The plating appears to be as "shallow" as the golden plating of my FATIP Grande OC.
But the finish of the FOCS´s plating (at least on this particular razor(!) looks a bit more refined than the finish of the Grande which I bought last year. As you can see in the pictures there are only a few minor (to my eyes neglectable) machine marks on the handle of the FOCS, but no "dents" or deeper scratches.

The knurling on the "butt" of the handle feels a bit rough/scratchy (if I recall it right others have reported a similar impression wrt to the chrome version). And - last but not least - the blade alignment is flawless, the blade alligns with ease (and so does the blade in the copy of the razor of my co-worker, too), there is no wobbling.

Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures (they have been taken "quick and dirty" under fading ambient light).
The razors looks somewhat nicer in reality.

20201008_162007.jpg

20201008_162145.jpg

20201008_162203.jpg

More shaving related details as soon as shave no. 1 has taken place.

Gents, I really feel blessed today. Lucky me!

Last edited:

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Forgot to post my first shave experience with the FOCS...very good! Very close shave. Not sure this could be an every day razor for me though. Might be a little too efficient...not aggressive, but very efficient. I put my FOCS head on the longer Fatip Nobile Tuxedo handle I have. I prefer longer handles. Will definitely stay in my rotation though. For the price...it's amazing.

@JAHE awesome story and a good friend.

The razor looks great with the typical imperfections the chrome ones have but I’m ok with that.

I hope you have a great experience.

Forgot to post my first shave experience with the FOCS...very good! Very close shave. Not sure this could be an every day razor for me though. Might be a little too efficient...not aggressive, but very efficient. I put my FOCS head on the longer Fatip Nobile Tuxedo handle I have. I prefer longer handles. Will definitely stay in my rotation though. For the price...it's amazing.

Nice! Give it a little time, try to ride the comb with a more steep angle than most and you may find like me that it is a perfect everyday shave.

Of course I’m playing with a Wunderbar and a PBOCS so the 🦊 is a kitten comparatively 😆

The imperfections in the photos of JAHE's gold plated FOCS are about the same as those on my nickel or chrome (I forget which) plated one. They might be a problem on fine jewelry, but they're OK on a tool. They certainly have zero effect on performance.

### BREAKING NEWS ### BREAKING NEWS ### BREAKING NEWS ### BREAKING NEWS ### BREAKING NEWS ### BREAKING NEWS ### BREAKING NEWS ### BREAKING NEWS ### BREAKING NEWS ### BREAKING NEWS ### BREAKING NEWS ### BREAKING NEWS ###

The FOCS is an awesome razor. Super smooth and highly efficient.

What?
You already knew?
Damn. LOL.

20201010_093553-01.jpeg

Frankly this golden goodie shines. FATIP hit the ball out of the park!
I couldn't be happier with this gift...

Let's call the golden version the goFOCS, shall we?:thumbup::thumbup:

### BREAKING NEWS ### BREAKING NEWS ### BREAKING NEWS ### BREAKING NEWS ### BREAKING NEWS ### BREAKING NEWS ### BREAKING NEWS ### BREAKING NEWS ### BREAKING NEWS ### BREAKING NEWS ### BREAKING NEWS ### BREAKING NEWS ###

The FOCS is an awesome razor. Super smooth and highly efficient.

What?
You already knew?
Damn. LOL.

View attachment 1166519

Frankly this golden goodie shines. FATIP hit the ball out of the park!
I couldn't be happier with this gift...

Let's call the golden version the goFOCS, shall we?:thumbup::thumbup:
Im down to one Razor, sold my others. The FOCS is all I need. When did the gold version cameout?

Im down to one Razor, sold my others. The FOCS is all I need. When did the gold version cameout?

Wow. I am absolutely not expirienced enough (one shave only) to develop the need to retire all my other razors, and basically I doubt I would, but there are quite a few statements in this thread of those who pointed out that their other razors at least are collecting dust.

I guess it has been available since end of September/begin of October. First post wrt the goFOCS is dated 2nd of October.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Wow. I am absolutely not expirienced enough (one shave only) to develop the need to retire all my other razors, and basically I doubt I would, but there are quite a few statements in this thread of those who pointed out that their other razors at least are collecting dust.

I guess it has been available since end of September/begin of October. First post wrt the goFOCS is dated 2nd of October.

This is exactly why I wanted to buy one. I have a Parker Semi-Slant...so I needed another slant razor like I needed a hole in the head. But so many folks were posting that this razor was the one that ended their search, I had to see for myself. It's good for sure...not certain if its ended my journey. I've only used it once though. Will be using it tomorrow morning.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
This is exactly why I wanted to buy one. I have a Parker Semi-Slant...so I needed another slant razor like I needed a hole in the head. But so many folks were posting that this razor was the one that ended their search, I had to see for myself. It's good for sure...not certain if its ended my journey. I've only used it once though. Will be using it tomorrow morning.
The Fatip Slant is really that good, and the other Fatip open comb razors as well, but I like trying different things so I don't think I'll be getting rid of any of my other razors or stop trying new ones. I enjoy experimenting with different products too much. :cool:

Top Bottom