My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto
Blade: Lord Platinum (10)
Brush: APShaveco Synbad
Soap: Scheermonnik Delfts Wit
Aftershave: Reuzel
043_40.jpg

Today was the last shave of the week. It was also my best shave of the week. Next week, I'm going to switch to my Fatip Zebrano with an Astra blade. Astra was the first blade I ever tried. I haven't used one for who knows how long. At least since blade acquisition disorder kicked in. I remember I liked them quite a bit back in the day. I'll be using all of my Omega S-Brushes along with De Vergulde Hand shaving soap. For a splash I'll be using Osage Rub. I look forward to continue to compare my other Fatips to my Lo Storto over time.

How will I remember how good the Lo Storto is if I don't occasionally use my other Fatips? I'll report back on how much I miss my Lo Storto next week.

I went back to my Lo Sorto FOCS today and remembered why I love it so much. The 37c and Parker of the last 2 weeks just DO NOT compare. I am seriously pondering just getting 3 more FOCS's and just rotating them each week. LOL.

I went back to my Lo Sorto FOCS today and remembered why I love it so much.
I feel the same way.

According to my shave journal, I've shaved 28 times since I received my FOCS. Of those 28 shaves, 24 were with the FOCS. Each time, I wrote something to the effect of "Back to the FOCS after a mediocre shave with xyz razor."

Just going by the stats alone, the FOCS is easily my #1 razor. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I went back to my Lo Sorto FOCS today and remembered why I love it so much. The 37c and Parker of the last 2 weeks just DO NOT compare. I am seriously pondering just getting 3 more FOCS's and just rotating them each week. LOL.

Now you're talking some good sense, Rave.

I was looking for a new SR, and I saw the Piccollo and this one, the open comb version, can anyone compare it with the Rockwell 6C/S? Typically I use the 6C with plate R4/R5.

Reactions: AQU
My FOCS came out of the drawer for a quick one pass before running an errand this afternoon. It is almost a bit unsettling how quietly and smoothly this razor operates. It’s like you’re shaving without a blade, except there’s no hair left on your face afterwards. This razor is likely to get extra turns in the rotation, it’s so pleasurable to use

Aug 2: Connaught Mail Call

Lather:
LEA Jabon de Afeitar Original stick
Brush: Omega 10104 (26/57mm)
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto open comb
Blade: Bolzano Superinox [1]
Splash: Floid Blue

THE HYPE IS REAL

On Friday, I received my package from Connaught Shaving with the stuff you see in the picture below, all new to me. 3 week transit from the UK to Eastern Canada - not bad at all. I wanted to give the Storto a good test, so I skipped shaving yesterday to give it a two day stubble to contend with.

Razor is almost perfect. There is some sharp casting flash on the top edge of the handle knob, which I'm going to delicately smooth off with a jewellers file. No issues with the posts or blade alignment that I could see; I just dropped the blade in and tightened, and it naturally aligned with the guard.

People who know me know that I NEVER talk to myself, yet the word "wow" slipped out after (actually during) the first stroke. This razor had almost no blade feel, yet mowed through with absolutely no tugging. That could also be partly due to the new Bolzano. I really don't like the smooth handle, but it works

I did three passes and was BBS effortlessly, which is past my usual DFS (which I prefer). I might have over-shaved a bit because the aftershave had some serious sting, but here I am an hour later and no irritation.

This razor might climb to #1 DE after more exploration.

Quick brush and soap notes: I like breaking in boars, watching then improve day by day rather than taking any "shortcuts" to speed up the break-in. I do one defunking lather in pet shampoo, let it dry, then it's ready for use. As expected, I had to reload after the first pass, but I think this brush has potential. It's got good backbone and splay, is bigger than a normal sized brush, but is not a big brush. The LEA stick smells great, mostly citrus, and is very creamy. Not a bad buy at two 50g sticks for €2.50. I'll probably grate one into a tub and keep one as a stick.
proxy.php

I agree, It's a darn nice razor that shaves great. If it wasn't for the short handle I would keep mine.To buy a longer replacement handle would push the price up too high for me. I would pay $20 for a better handle, but from what I hear, I would have to buy a different more expensive fatip razor in order to get one with threads that would fit the FOCS head.

I agree, It's a darn nice razor that shaves great. If it wasn't for the short handle I would keep mine.To buy a longer replacement handle would push the price up too high for me. I would pay $20 for a better handle, but from what I hear, I would have to buy a different more expensive fatip razor in order to get one with threads that would fit the FOCS head.

Most modern DE razors use thread size M5 x 0.80. Fatip razors use thread size M4.5 x 0.75. You can find handles that are compatible without having to buy another razor. There is a topic that has a list of compatible handles.

For instance, I have a Cadet razor that I originallly paid $15 for. It has a longer handle that will work with my Fatip heads.

Sunday August 2
Ten minute hot shower
Lo Storto
Voskhod (2)
Omega Jade- 011842 - 27mmx52mm
Vitos Extra Super Coco
Osma Alum Block
T.N. Dickinson’s Witch Hazel
Hyaluranoic Acid
Bull Dog Skin Care Moisturizer
Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic

Second time out was the charm. Lo Storto’s heritage pushed through. I could feel and sense Grande in every stroke of the shave. I got very happy and very relaxed. The other thing I could really feel is a Voskhod. I could feel the blade sharpness going for a dip just as I got to my neck. I could feel blade rigidity in the Voskhod. While I was feeling all these things Lo Storto rapidly stroked through 120 + hrs with silky smooth precision and efficiency. Starting on my cheeks I found the shallow angle a little bit steeper from where it is on the Grande. I went steep around the moustache and lips and up the centre of my neck. Both sides of my neck I went shallow. I fell into the same stroke selection as I’ve used with the Grande. Lo Storto could’t have been timed better for my ATG Single Pass shave. The improvement in efficiency has led to my best skin comfort to date. The face and head were BBS the neck was DFS. I will not push a blade for BBS. Extra strokes lead to loss of skin comfort for me. I will not be rotating Lo Storto unless Fatip offers Gold.

Attachments

• 467DD033-4FDE-466C-A882-531204FB5C4C.jpeg
    467DD033-4FDE-466C-A882-531204FB5C4C.jpeg
    664.6 KB · Views: 11
Top Bottom