What's new

*Fatip Slant*

Raven Koenes

My precious!
View attachment 56278
I decided to test the Fatip against another slant again tonight. This time I chose my Ikon B1 Slant and included a head shave into the mix.

The Ikon surprised me as I can’t remember it being as smooth as this before. I haven’t used it for a few months and a change in routine may well account for this.

In terms of the two, I could tell no difference between the Fatip and Ikon in terms of efficiency after two head passes, and the Ikon felt ever so slightly smoother. I noticed the same result on the first of my passes on my face.

I also added an Ikon B1 and Timeless 0.95 SB into the mix on the second and third passes on my face, respectively.

So far, my preliminary thoughts on the Fatip are:

1) Cheap, good tolerances but a bit rough around the edges.
2) As efficient as an Ikon B1 Slant, Blackbird and Timeless 0.95 SB.
3) More efficient than a Razorock Wunderbar.
4) Smoother than a Blackbird.
5) Less smooth than Wunderbar, Timeless 0.95SB and an Ikon B1 Slant.
...and that's the Gentile!

...and that's the Gentile!

I think Fatip really have hit the ball out of the park with this razor. I honestly cannot believe that a razor that cost me a little under £26 delivered can perform so well and, if I hadn't tried it for myself, I never would have believed it was possible.

It's cheaper than a vintage British Tech or NEW and shaves as well as modern stainless steel razors. Amazing razor. :)

Finally ordered it from Connaught. Order placed June 12th and arrived June 12th. Will try it this weekend.
Fatip.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I think Fatip really have hit the ball out of the park with this razor. I honestly cannot believe that a razor that cost me a little under £26 delivered can perform so well and, if I hadn't tried it for myself, I never would have believed it was possible.

It's cheaper than a vintage British Tech or NEW and shaves as well as modern stainless steel razors. Amazing razor. :)

6-26-20.FOCS.70:30.VitosRed.640.JPG
"

You nailed it, "Amazing razor. :)"

IMG_4738.jpg

FOCS
Rapira PL (1)
WCS Tortoiseshell Handle w/Shave Forge Boar Knot
Proraso Green Soap
Proraso Green AS Lotion

Another outstanding shave. I have one more week with the FOCS and then the 37c will be on deck for a week. I have decided to do a weekly razor rotation instead of monthly just so I can actually use my other slants.

O.K. I love all my slants. I am very happy that I have the FOCS from the first week in the market.
I prefer slant razors because they are more efficient. I do not mind if they are aggressive. That's the reason I also like my (non-slants) R41and iKon Tech.

My most expensive razor is a merkur progress, but I always wanted to buy an efficient razor, at least like FOCS but to be very mild. I would not mind to buy the most expensive razor, if efficiency and mildness were at the highest level at the same time.

Thanks to this thread, I know that this razor I wish, does not exist. You people have saved me a lot of money. Also, I do know that I have the most efficient razors in the market without spending a fortune.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
According to my experience of it the Fatip Open Comb Slant is both efficient and mild.

Now, I'm not always sure what mild means to others, and I'm sure it doesn't mean the same thing to everybody. I'm also sure it means something to me.

To me, aggressive means the razor is prone to biting me, or easily and readily and frequently causing problems with my skin, problems not limited to nicks and cuts, but also including frequent weepers, loads of irritation, and such.

The FOCS does not do any of this. It's not prone to jump up out of the bushes where it's been hiding and biting me. It is also smooth feeling on my skin during the shave. Unless I go ATG I don't feel or even notice the blade. It seems very gentile to me. Thus, it's a mild razor according to how I see it.

Yes, I understand some people use the term mild to describe razors which are inefficient and don't aggressively mow down whiskers. The FOCS is not mild in that sense (but I don't think that a correct use of the term mild; mild and inefficient are not synonymous terms).

O.K. I love all my slants. I am very happy that I have the FOCS from the first week in the market.
I prefer slant razors because they are more efficient. I do not mind if they are aggressive. That's the reason I also like my (non-slants) R41and iKon Tech.

My most expensive razor is a merkur progress, but I always wanted to buy an efficient razor, at least like FOCS but to be very mild. I would not mind to buy the most expensive razor, if efficiency and mildness were at the highest level at the same time.

Thanks to this thread, I know that this razor I wish, does not exist. You people have saved me a lot of money. Also, I do know that I have the most efficient razors in the market without spending a fortune.

I have only a few slants and tend to like all of them to a degree especially as compared to non-slant DE razors but none are as favored as the FOCS because none of the others offer its unique blend of efficiency and smoothness and comfort.

I have, too, the R41 and the iKon Tech. I'd judge both as quite efficient, with the iKon Tech being one of the most efficient razors I've used. I like the R41 well enough and can use it, but it is certainly not an easy razor nor does it never bite. The iKon Tech is for me another story. I find the iKon Tech to be quite prone to biting me, and it leaves my skin feeling overdone even when I've not done much work with it. I'd tend to call both of these razors efficient and aggressive.

In my experience of it the FOCS has a very nice and also unique balance of efficiency and smoothness. It's an easy and smooth feeling razor, but not at the expense of efficiency. It's an efficient razor, but not at the expense of aggression.

Just my view of course.

Happy shaves,

Jim

@Chan Eil Whiskers
Jim, I do agree to what you wrote. FOCS is a mild and efficient slant. (Try pre-war Mulcuto slant. Is the mildest).
Since I do not own a razor over $60, I thought that a purchase of a Wolfman razor would give me more efficiency of my slants, at least like iKon Tech or R41 and mild, at least like FOCS.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
@Chan Eil Whiskers
Jim, I do agree to what you wrote. FOCS is a mild and efficient slant. (Try pre-war Mulcuto slant. Is the mildest).
Since I do not own a razor over $60, I thought that a purchase of a Wolfman razor would give me more efficiency of my slants, at least like iKon Tech or R41 and mild, at least like FOCS.

I don't have a Wolfman. I do have some expensive razors (way over $60); none compare well with the FOCS. That's not me badmouthing anybody's razor; all I can report is my experience.

Happy shaves,

Jim

According to my experience of it the Fatip Open Comb Slant is both efficient and mild.

Now, I'm not always sure what mild means to others, and I'm sure it doesn't mean the same thing to everybody. I'm also sure it means something to me.

To me, aggressive means the razor is prone to biting me, or easily and readily and frequently causing problems with my skin, problems not limited to nicks and cuts, but also including frequent weepers, loads of irritation, and such.

The FOCS does not do any of this. It's not prone to jump up out of the bushes where it's been hiding and biting me. It is also smooth feeling on my skin during the shave. Unless I go ATG I don't feel or even notice the blade. It seems very gentile to me. Thus, it's a mild razor according to how I see it.

Yes, I understand some people use the term mild to describe razors which are inefficient and don't aggressively mow down whiskers. The FOCS is not mild in that sense (but I don't think that a correct use of the term mild; mild and inefficient are not synonymous terms).

I have only a few slants and tend to like all of them to a degree especially as compared to non-slant DE razors but none are as favored as the FOCS because none of the others offer its unique blend of efficiency and smoothness and comfort.

I have, too, the R41 and the iKon Tech. I'd judge both as quite efficient, with the iKon Tech being one of the most efficient razors I've used. I like the R41 well enough and can use it, but it is certainly not an easy razor nor does it never bite. The iKon Tech is for me another story. I find the iKon Tech to be quite prone to biting me, and it leaves my skin feeling overdone even when I've not done much work with it. I'd tend to call both of these razors efficient and aggressive.

In my experience of it the FOCS has a very nice and also unique balance of efficiency and smoothness. It's an easy and smooth feeling razor, but not at the expense of efficiency. It's an efficient razor, but not at the expense of aggression.

Just my view of course.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Agree with this entirely. Mild and efficient.

Latest shave, Treet Falcon carbon blade, bottom shim. Marvelous.
proxy.php

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Better than your Shake Sharp?
Different [emoji2]. I prefer the feedback of the Shake Sharp, it makes it a lot easier to use. They're pretty close in efficiency, I'll have to do a side by side with the same blade.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom