What's new

*Fatip Slant*

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Okay, you guys convinced me. I ordered a Lo Storto Originale (AKA FOCS) from Connaught, yesterday.

My first slant. Not sure if I should be excited or worried. :001_tongu

Congratulations!

Two pieces of advice should help.
  • Treat slants exactly like you'd treat any other razor. Don't modify your style or technique because you're using a slant.
  • Try the FOCS at a very steep angle.
It's an efficient but not at all aggressive or scary razor!

Happy shaves,

Jim

Okay, you guys convinced me. I ordered a Lo Storto Originale (AKA FOCS) from Connaught, yesterday.

🦊 You were bit by the FOCS, eh?

I'm slightly envious, since it will be next year before I buy one. If you don't like it, you shouldn't have much trouble selling it on here.

Not sure if I should be excited or worried

• Treat slants exactly like you'd treat any other razor. Don't modify your style or technique because you're using a slant.

@Demolition ! It’s very important to follow both these precepts at the same time. Then we can teach you the handshake and get you a private room at the BOSC asylum hotel.

I have a FOCS and I agree that is a very efficient razor. ( I love slants).

What is the difference with a FCCS ? Does anybody have both to compare? I am thinking of getting a FCCS too... in case there is even a slight difference...

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

Congratulations!

Happy shaves,

Jim
@Demolition ! It’s very important to follow both these precepts at the same time. Then we can teach you the handshake and get you a private room at the BOSC asylum hotel.

@Demolition - Congratulations! You have taken a leap of faith that will reward you with close, comfortable and effortless shaves. Follow this sage advice and you will be fine. The Lo Storto Originale is an incredibly intuitive and comfortable shaver when this advice is followed.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I have a FOCS and I agree that is a very efficient razor. ( I love slants).

What is the difference with a FCCS ? Does anybody have both to compare? I am thinking of getting a FCCS too... in case there is even a slight difference...

I have both. There is a difference. The Gentile is really mellow, not as efficient. :)

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Retro Lo Storto
Blade: Shark Platinum (1)
Brush: Omega S10077
Soap: Stirling Frozen Tundra
Aftershave: Stirling Frozen Tundra
033_42.jpg

Well, I think I might get used to the Lo Storto head on a Retro handle? It's not a hard handle to find when it's laying about, and in a pinch you can pole vault with it. It can also double as a cocktail straw. There may be a 101 uses for the Retro handle the least of which may be shaving.

Thanks for the encouragement, everybody! Connaught shipped it, today. Can't wait! :biggrin1:

Congratulations!

Happy shaves,

Jim
Thanks for the advice, Jim. I'm a steep angle shaver, so the FOCS should be right up my alley! :thumbup1:

SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Retro Lo Storto
Blade: Shark Platinum (1)
Brush: Omega S10077
Soap: Stirling Frozen Tundra
Aftershave: Stirling Frozen Tundra
View attachment 1116366
Well, I think I might get used to the Lo Storto head on a Retro handle? It's not a hard handle to find when it's laying about, and in a pinch you can pole vault with it. It can also double as a cocktail straw. There may be a 101 uses for the Retro handle the least of which may be shaving.
I have a Fatip w a similar handle but mine looks thinner, I did not like it...especially for shaving the back of my head

:detective: I see no SASA (Steep Angle Shavers Alliance) in your signature, Derrick.
I just made it official in the SASA thread!

Damn. I keep adding too many lines to my signature.
There are probably a dozen or more clubs/brotherhoods/alliances that I should be in, but don't have room in my sig to accommodate them all. Plus, there's the laziness factor, i.e. I'm too lazy to change my sig.

But, just this once, I'll do it! :biggrin1:

I'm pretty tempted to try the Gentile slant as it sounds like it could work for me.

I have a few questions, though, and would be most grateful if someone would be able to answer them please.

Firstly, what is the fit and finish of the razor like? I owned a Fatip OC many years ago and it was not put together that well and, if I remember correctly, some blade misalignment was also present.

Secondly, will it fit onto an Ikon OSS handle? I have one of these spare and wanted to check before ordering the razor as I'm aware that there have been some issues with Fatip's fitting handles from other manufacturers.

Many thanks in advance guys. :)

Last edited:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I'm pretty tempted to try the Gentile slant as it sounds like it could work for me.

I have a few questions, though, and would be most grateful if someone would be able to answer them please.

Firstly, what is the fit and finish of the razor like? I owned a Fatip OC many years ago and it was not put together that well and, if I remember correctly, some blade misalignment was also present.

Secondly, will it fit onto an Ikon OSS handle? I have one of these spare and wanted to check before ordering the razor as I'm aware that there have been some issues with Fatip's fitting handles from other manufacturers.

Many thanks in advance guys. :)

Fatip handles have threads which are somewhat atypical. There's some crossover with other brands but I'm not an expert on the details nor do I care as I use Fatip razors with Fatip handles. The Fatip slants have a lovely handle and I'd be quite hesitant to swap it out and risk the threads, but that's just me.

I have had zero alignment issues with the Fatip Open Comb slant. I don't fiddle with it at all and the blade's perfect (in a slant-like manner) every time. I flip my blade daily so I have had many opportunities to align incorrectly and it just hasn't happened. Mine was one of the first Fatip slants used in the USA and has been use daily since it arrived. No problems of any sort have arisen.

I have also had zero fit and finish issues with any Fatip. I had QC control issues with one Schöne, years ago, but the vendor replaced it.

In my view the OC beats the CC (I have both).The FOCS is the best DE razor I've used and it's not a close race.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom