What's new

*Fatip Slant*

They are wrong about head heaviness, of course. :001_rolle
IYO. :wink2:

B2+FatipOC_2019-04-05.jpg
:001_wub:

Is the head just like the Merkur 37 but the handle is thinner and shorter? I'm not sure I'm getting the picture at all.
Merkur made three similar slants, back in the day: 36, 37, 38. The 37 is the same fat-handled one we know today, the 36 and 38 have thin handles. The 36 has a short screw, so can be used with different handles. The 38 has a long screw. These days, the 38-model-number is used for a "generic" razor.
Top -> Bottom 36, 37, 38
merkur slants.JPG

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Merkur made three similar slants, back in the day: 36, 37, 38. The 37 is the same fat-handled one we know today, the 36 and 38 have thin handles. The 36 has a short screw, so can be used with different handles. The 38 has a long screw. These days, the 38-model-number is used for a "generic" razor.
Top -> Bottom 36, 37, 38
View attachment 1083254

Terrific post. Answered even the questions I'd not thought of yet.

Thanks so much.

Happy shaves,

Jim

The RR German 37 with the HD handle will get you fairly close to the old 38. A 3-piece slant with the older style slant head. The solid stainless handle does add weight, but to me it's fine; a very good shaver.
g37hd.jpg

Lo Storto OC vs Schone. Tonight I did half a head+face shave with each:
Slant using a wood/cigar handle + Nacet #2or3
VS Schone + Crystal X2or3
HollyKaw donkey milk
Sagrada familia
Bump Patrol AS
Proraso menthol AS B

Shaves were almost identical, good ones, 3 passes, slant/nacet had more irritation

8/10

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20200407

Lascia scorrere i bei tempi. 🇮🇹
20200407_132323~2.jpg

Prep: Splashed water on face
Pre-shave: n/a
Brush: Zenith B16-24mm Boar, Aluminum Handle
Cream: Proraso Blue
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Bolzano (2)
Post-shave: Dickinson's Hydrating Skin Toner
Aftershave Balm: Proraso Blue
Cologne: G eàu Black Eau de Toilette Spray (Acqua Di Gio Profumo clone)

WTG, ATG & XTG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ (BBS except between my nose and my top lip) with no weepers, nicks, cuts or irritation. Absolutely wonderful shave!

First shave with the Lo Storto Originale. Awesome razor! Very similar to the Gentile, just better. Blade aligned properly the first try. Used a steep shaving angle. Smoooooooth shave. No tugging. Impressive.....most impressive!

Excellent combination of hardware and software. :)

YMMV

Just ordered the closed comb from Connaught coming to the states. Really liked my Schone but nickel doesn’t agree with my face. Glad this Is chrome plated but does that mean it’s not all brass anymore?

Just ordered the closed comb from Connaught coming to the states. Really liked my Schone but nickel doesn’t agree with my face. Glad this Is chrome plated but does that mean it’s not all brass anymore?
The razor is made from brass. The brass is plated first with a layer of nickel, then one or more layers of chrome are plated over the nickel. That's a pretty standard process.

Top Bottom