What's new

*Fatip Slant*

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Hey no kidding, riding the guard helped me get a better shave with the FOCS / Astra SP (2)

View attachment 1154618

One of the fewer instances where I got a decent BBS shave. Alum stung a fair bit but it was short. After a shower and putting on the moisturizer, my skin felt smooth without much irritation. I do still have some remaining scars from the battlefield yesterday but good shave nonetheless.
Good to hear! :)

Just pulled the trigger on the Fatip OC Slant. Will be my first slant.
1600117590638.gif

I've had plenty of shaves now with my FaTip slant, and I find it shaves exactly like my FaTip Grande and my Schone. That may not sound like a glowing review, but from me it's the highest possible praise. I have a drawer full of razors, both modern ones and vintage Gillettes, but for the past two or three years (until now) I've used nothing but my FaTip Grande or my Schone. They simply give me the best shaves. They're close, smooth, comfortable and very efficient. The slant feels exactly the same to me, so now I rotate three razors and probably will eventually put my others up for sale. I suppose it would be possible to nick one's face with one of these, but one would have to be perversely clumsy. As for the finish on the slant, it's pretty good, not perfect under a magnifying glass but shiny and nice enough for any ordinary scrutiny. Fit seems perfect, meaning the weird slanted blade exposure on one side is identical to the weird slanted blade exposure on the other side.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Question for the fans of the 🦊 (FOCS):

I've owned and then got rid of quite a few slants and OCs (including the Fatip Grande OC). My favorite and everyday razor is the Gillette Tech. Should I even bother trying the FOCS?

In a word: Yes!

I am a huge fan of the Tech and enjoy shaving with one of my favored Techs at least every week.

I am also a huge fan of the FOCS and enjoy shaving with my FOCS at least every week.

The FOCS and my preferred Techs feel different and need a different approach (technique) but they both provide excellent results.

Personally, I really enjoy having both the FOCS and my Techs in my Den. :)

Used the FOCS this morning on a 48-hour beard (perhaps the bristles were a bit longer, as my last two 24-hour shaves were not near-BBS). The combo of Personna blade (Lab Blue or Med Prep), Erasmic soap with a synth brush, and mixing baking soda with my basin water to kill some of the hard water here, was a winner. The first pass was ultra smooth, and my cheeks felt almost BBS right there. Second and third passes gave no drama, no irritation. I am left with not only a smooth clean face and throat but the odd impression that I really didn't shave at all.

FOCS: very much like an even more efficient Tech. And I'll have to continue mixing baking soda with my shave water.

Saturday September 19
Ten minute hot shower
Lo Storto
Feather
OUMOBRUSH SHD SILK HMW Slivertip Knot -26x60mm OUMOBRUSH Acrylic & Wood handle
Vitos Extra Super Coco
Osma Alum Block
T.N. Dickinson’s Witch Hazel
Hyaluranoic Acid
Bull Dog Skin Care Moisturizer
Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic

Oumo‘s Silvertip cloud softness caressed Vitos luxurious lather into a memorable shave. The 26mm knot has an explosive 35mm bloom at handle lip. The 47mm loft from glue bump feels shorter. A perpetual soft scrub always in play. Little effort is required delivering beautiful lather with big soft comfort. An easy brush to use and my favourite badger.

Lo Storto and a Feather blade are a lock for me. My best shave to date. Todays shave an above average BBS+, ATG Single Pass face and head. My DE journey complete. I doubt I can find anything else to improve my shave. Face and head skin has a relaxed glow with exceptional comfort. This was the closest smoothest neck shave I’ve had. No buffing required along the chin line. Lo Storto‘s performance improved noticeably with Feathers sharpness. A combination which had me buffing my moustache area ATG in total comfort. Overall a minimum of buffing is required with the Feather. I used shallow strokes on my cheeks. The remaining face and head shave was all steep. I loaded a fresh Feather for next shave. Seventy-two shaves a year won’t break the bank on single use Feathers. A brush rotation will be the big excitement in my DE shaves going forward.

BF183E89-558D-4353-B5DF-5C2E1EE259B2.jpeg

Top Bottom