What's new

*Fatip Slant*

Three day beard
Pre shave oil-random brand I got for free
Soap-Arko
Blade-rapira SS
Razor- FOCS
Aftershave- Barrister & Mann reserve classic

Smooth & little irritation, minimal alum feedback.
Stuck with a two pass WTG then ATG. Some buffing for a very nice BBS result.

I think this razor gets better with a blade with a few shaves on it.

5 day beard
Pre shave oil-king of shaves sensitive advanced
Soap-Arko
Blade-7 0 clock yellow sharp edge (Russian)
Razor- FOCS
Aftershave- pinaud clubman

A fair bit of razor burn irritation but minimal alum feedback.
Stuck with a two pass WTG then ATG. Some buffing for a very nice BBS result.

The shave was very comfortable maybe the best yet but the burn showed up after.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
shave 20200910.jpg

The FOCS Rocks. :cool:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
🇺🇸 9/11/2001 Never Forget 🇺🇸

shave 20200911.jpg

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Bolzano (3)
Brush: Rooney Butterscotch Badger
Lather: Speick Stick
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman VIBR
Fragrance: Pinaud Clubman Lime Sec

WTG, ATG, XTG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Tried the FOCS today with the blade aligned to the cap. Used a more neutral angle than I normally use with the FOCS. The result? Smooth as silk, still efficient and effective. The FOCS is proving itself to be very adaptable and flexible. If I want to go steep, align to the plate and go steep. If I want to go neutral, align to the cap and go neutral. Both methods seem to work just fine. :cool:

Really nice shave! :)

Having tried a bunch of slants myself, the Focs is very, very special. No other slant provides that level of closeness tied to so much comfort. A couple like the Wunderbar are closer, yes, but at the sacrifice of much comfort.
You tried a merkur? How does this compare?

Has anyone bought more than one focs because this razor is so great? I'm on verge to get another one but then I wonder if fatip will bring something else in the near future which might beat this razor.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Has anyone bought more than one focs because this razor is so great? I'm on verge to get another one but then I wonder if fatip will bring something else in the near future which might beat this razor.

I did, I have one put away in case something were to happen to mine or if I lost it somehow. Glad I did, Maggard’s was out this week, not sure if they got more in yet but Italy is far off with virus scares all over 🙄

If they make a nickel version I’ll get 2 of those...

They could also launch a Fatip Lo Storto SE, just like the Piccolo SE, with the two base plates, I will bought that razor for sure [emoji16]

I have bought more than one of each. They're a steal at the current prices in the UK and this is very likely to rise at the start of next year due to Brexit.

Has anyone used both the timeless titanium .95 oc and the focs?
I would love to know how they measure up.
I've been eyeing a scratch and dent for the last couple of months :001_wub:
I have both, and so glad that I do. They are both very smooth and very efficient. The Timeless offers some blade feel, not a lot but some. The FOCS has next to none. The Timeless has a more solid feel, but not to a great degree. The shave of both is so close it would be hard to pick one over the other. They are different from each other in the most pleasant of ways that I would not want to give up either one. The best way I can describe it is that they compliment each other.

Do your self a favor and get both. Then get your self a Blackbird OC and experience how wonderfully opposites attract.

Revisiting the FOCS after some uses with the DE89

SOTD 09122020.jpg

Paired with Astra SP (1), it was very efficient. A bit aggressive for my taste but it does mow down that growth easily. I think I'm riding the cap with this razor but I think it needs even a steeper angle. I did get a BBS but chasing that resulted in some irritations. Still trying to figure out how to best use this razor and how to get a BBS without irritations.

I think I'm riding the cap with this razor but I think it needs even a steeper angle. I did get a BBS but chasing that resulted in some irritations. Still trying to figure out how to best use this razor and how to get a BBS without irritations.
Riding the guard (steep) smooths/stretches the skin in front of the blade. Riding the cap (shallow) bunches the skin up in front of the blade — a great recipe for weepers, nicks, and irritated skin... and even more so with a torqued and twisted blade. GO STEEP!

Gillette-Tech-Box-Instructions.jpg

Note the second way ^. King Gillette understood how DEs worked. :wink2:

I have both, and so glad that I do. They are both very smooth and very efficient. The Timeless offers some blade feel, not a lot but some. The FOCS has next to none. The Timeless has a more solid feel, but not to a great degree. The shave of both is so close it would be hard to pick one over the other. They are different from each other in the most pleasant of ways that I would not want to give up either one. The best way I can describe it is that they compliment each other.

Do your self a favor and get both. Then get your self a Blackbird OC and experience how wonderfully opposites attract.
I'll buy a scratch and dent titanium for Christmas, or maybe before. Thanks for the reply.

Revisiting the FOCS after some uses with the DE89

View attachment 1154135

Paired with Astra SP (1), it was very efficient. A bit aggressive for my taste but it does mow down that growth easily. I think I'm riding the cap with this razor but I think it needs even a steeper angle. I did get a BBS but chasing that resulted in some irritations. Still trying to figure out how to best use this razor and how to get a BBS without irritations.
For me, riding the guard (as @Cal said) works better. The FOCS bends the blade farther than the traditional razors and in my estimation doesn’t require riding the cap at all.

If you buff a little with it as an experiment you can feel how much more smooth it feels at the steeper angle.

For me, riding the guard (as @Cal said) works better. The FOCS bends the blade farther than the traditional razors and in my estimation doesn’t require riding the cap at all.

If you buff a little with it as an experiment you can feel how much more smooth it feels at the steeper angle.
Hmm. I'll try both and see which I prefer. I felt less blade riding the cap so that seemed like the right way.

Hey no kidding, riding the guard helped me get a better shave with the FOCS / Astra SP (2)

SOTD 09132020.jpg

One of the fewer instances where I got a decent BBS shave. Alum stung a fair bit but it was short. After a shower and putting on the moisturizer, my skin felt smooth without much irritation. I do still have some remaining scars from the battlefield yesterday but good shave nonetheless.

Top Bottom