What's new

*Fatip Slant*

Yes, I have a V2 Piccolo and the Piccolo Special Edition. I find the FOCS smoother than the Piccolo OC and both are equally efficient.

Hard choice :)

When I shaved for the first time with an open comb. My next thought was. I will never shave with a closed bar again. Open combs manager lather in so much as leaving lather available for the follow up or a little extra buff. I wouldn’t try OC for the longest time I thought they looked too aggressive. Nothing handles lather better than an OC. Lo Storto is based on the Grande OC. I have both. I was using the #4&5 plate on the Rockwell when I sold it. Open Comb delivers more comfort to my sensitive skin than closed bar ever did.

I also use R4 and sometimes R5 with the Rockwell 6C.
Since you have both, do your prefer the Grande OC or the Lo Storto?

Lo Storto is the Grande slanted. My second shave with it yesterday felt like a Grande only a little more smoother and most definitely more efficient.

Attachments

• 250335C9-1601-4CFB-91D5-6BF6AD1AA123.jpeg
    250335C9-1601-4CFB-91D5-6BF6AD1AA123.jpeg
    760 KB · Views: 20
  • ADBCBC62-D434-48B5-9D23-2D510034D31D.jpeg
    ADBCBC62-D434-48B5-9D23-2D510034D31D.jpeg
    719 KB · Views: 20
  • BAB68DEC-8231-47C8-A834-8DD2561EBC0F.jpeg
    BAB68DEC-8231-47C8-A834-8DD2561EBC0F.jpeg
    645.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 225129D6-AB39-4120-905E-8CA8B228169E.jpeg
    225129D6-AB39-4120-905E-8CA8B228169E.jpeg
    589.1 KB · Views: 22

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I find the Gentile Slant to be more gentle as well. I have to do a little extra work in my problem areas, my jaw line. With my Lo Storto OC it's basically three passes and done with slight blade bluffing on one spot along my right jaw line. With the Gentile Lo Storto I have to buff on my right and left jaw lines to get the same results. Other than that they are close. My thoughts are that extra work means more time the blade contacts the skin. The less contact the blade has with the skin the better. For me that's why the FOCS is superior. There is less work involved for the same results.
I also have both Originale and Gentile Slants and agree with @Raven Koenes assessment.

My FOCS gets used a lot more than the Gentile.

Just my opinion. :)

Lo Storto for shaves. Gold Grande for looks. I will be second in line behind @Raven Koenes for a Gold Lo Storto. If they ever come out. I don’t think it will be too long. Rave is working on it.

Lo Storto is the Grande slanted. My second shave with it yesterday felt like a Grande only a little more smoother and most definitely more efficient.

Lo Storto for shaves. Gold Grande for looks. I will be second in line behind @Raven Koenes for a Gold Lo Storto. If they ever come out. I don’t think it will be too long. Rave is working on it.

Thanks, almost convinced to pull the trigger and order the FOCS ;)

The FOCS is even smoother due to the twist that adds even more blade rigidity.

Here is a thread that has a lot of valuable information DE blade rigidity: Gillette NEW LC Not Cutting It - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/gillette-new-lc-not-cutting-it.520246/
Yes, I have a V2 Piccolo and the Piccolo Special Edition. I find the FOCS smoother than the Piccolo OC and both are equally efficient.
I also have both Originale and Gentile Slants and agree with @Raven Koenes assessment.

My FOCS gets used a lot more than the Gentile.

Just my opinion. :)

Great, now I ''need'' to buy a FOCS to hang out with today's FCCS..:cursing:

fatip sccp.jpg

Anyone? I also have an Edwin Jagger DE89, Qshave (Futur clone), Yaqi close comb, if someone have tried one of this and can compare it with this one in terms of efficiency/smooth, i would appreciate it.

I also have some doubts between the Piccollo (normal or SE) and the Slant Open Comb.

Thanks.
I used to like the mingshi 2000(qshave), or still think it's decent, but no match for the FOCS. It's more efficient for than the mingshi all the way at 6 and far smoother too, but less audible feedback mingshi is fairly loud. I have the grande which has same head as piccolo, I definitely recommend the FOCS. If I could go back in time and into the future, I would have saved money on the fatip grande and bought a FOCS in gold :biggrin1:

The Slant came a day early, and darnit, I had already shaved this morning with the Gillette NEW. Looks like I have to wait to test drive the new one until Tuesday evening at the earliest (36-hour beard) or Wednesday morning (48 -- which makes for a better shave, and is what I usually do).

I loaded a Personna Red blade, though -- which does fit snugly over the posts -- and plan to use Tabac. Those two are my standbys for trying out a new razor.

The head unscrews not by turning the end of the handle like my Hoffritz Slant, but by holding the handle just below the head and turning the handle itself, or holding it there and turning the head. Like 3-piece Gillettes, come to think of it. No idea why I thought it would be different -- except that the handle end *looks* like it would turn.

I wonder how many Fatips this thread is responsible for selling? They should release a gold version just for that reason alone to B&B members of course. Lol. [emoji41]

I know I would buy one of each in gold abs then re home all of my other razors.

BOSC;AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;WISE;CoA;SASA;FOCS Lover

I wonder how many Fatips this thread is responsible for selling? They should release a gold version just for that reason alone to B&B members of course. Lol. [emoji41]

I know I would buy one of each in gold abs then re home all of my other razors.

BOSC;AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;WISE;CoA;SASA;FOCS Lover
I bought one because of this thread, it was worth every penny. :001_wub:

I used to like the mingshi 2000(qshave), or still think it's decent, but no match for the FOCS. It's more efficient for than the mingshi all the way at 6 and far smoother too, but less audible feedback mingshi is fairly loud. I have the grande which has same head as piccolo, I definitely recommend the FOCS. If I could go back in time and into the future, I would have saved money on the fatip grande and bought a FOCS in gold :biggrin1:
Thanks, almost convinced [emoji16][emoji106]

Top Bottom