What's new

*Fatip Slant*

I got my FOCS yesterday and gave it a try this AM. While I guess it shaves ok, I just can't stand the short handle. I've looked around and can't find a longer one. Are there any available? It calls for one different than all my other razors.

If I can't find any I am going to have to sell it as the stock handle is WAY too short for me!

I got my FOCS yesterday and gave it a try this AM. While I guess it shaves ok, I just can't stand the short handle. I've looked around and can't find a longer one. Are there any available? It calls for one different than all my other razors.

If I can't find any I am going to have to sell it as the stock handle is WAY too short for me!

Fatips have smaller cap screws than most razors so they are hard to fit. If you pick up a Fatip Retro razor, that has a 90mm handle that ought to fit on the slant, and then you’d have another whole razor to play with.

The handle is the same length as 90% of other razors, it is not a Piccolo. If you really like this razor head, you can get a Fatip wood handle, those are almost 2cm longer, or invest in a Joris.
Or take your favorite handle and use some plumbers tape on the headscrew at your own risk.

Update: i found one at a local shop "coltelleria Doclimascolo". I even was able to check the alignment and..guess what? It had an aligment issues. The shop owner tried to convince me "But it's easy to fix". Needless to say, i just walked away. Bye bye Fatip. It may be "easy to fix" but if i buy a NEW razor i want *** to function *perfectly* without user intervention, regardless if it's 20 or 200 euros. Sorry FATIP, nice try anyway.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Update: i found one at a local shop "coltelleria Doclimascolo". I even was able to check the alignment and..guess what? It had an aligment issues. The shop owner tried to convince me "But it's easy to fix". Needless to say, i just walked away. Bye bye Fatip. It may be "easy to fix" but if i buy a NEW razor i want *** to function *perfectly* without user intervention, regardless if it's 20 or 200 euros. Sorry FATIP, nice try anyway.
I take it Fatip is not for you lol.

Sigh, here we go again... It is easy to learn a simple technique to to load the blade. No need for high drama.

it may be easy but if with an EJ or a merkur or muhle i just have to insert the blade with the topcap upside down on the sink and put the handle on and voilà perfect alignment, i want at least the same on another new razor.

it may be easy but if with an EJ or a merkur or muhle i just have to insert the blade with the topcap upside down on the sink and put the handle on and voilà perfect alignment, i want at least the same on another new razor.

Well that’s how I load my FOCS and it seems the others do as well. I didn’t know they were supposed to have issues. I guess nobody told that to my Fatip.

Pretty much every slant I have “appears” to have an alignment problem but they don’t. It’s an illusion caused by the twisting of everything. They all line up with the base and shave like they should. 99% of the time, I don’t even look. I just load and go.

I usually only bother to look when somebody else says their razor has alignment issues.

BOSC;AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;WISE;CoA;SASA;FOCS Lover

Yea...but do feel a high degree of satisfaction and oneness with the razor after checking the alignment?

Yea...but do feel a high degree of satisfaction and oneness with the razor after checking the alignment?
No. But I don't want to risk scraping my face because of a misaligned blade. And FYI being Italian I know fatip issues very well. Thy have improved their QC, yes but not by much.

I’m not Italian. I start each and every day with one of the most temperamental Italians around. Little errors are never overlooked or forgiven. The performance is stellar. I guess I just love Italians.

Attachments

• 6C9206D1-A633-483D-815C-D339C62AEF0A.jpeg
    6C9206D1-A633-483D-815C-D339C62AEF0A.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 49
th
I’m not Italian. I start each and every day with one of the most temperamental Italians around. Little errors are never overlooked or forgiven. The performance is stellar. I guess I just love Italians.
it is a really great coffee-maker. BTW i still prefer my (very) old moka.

Top Bottom