What's new

*Fatip Slant*

I used to believe that the blade should align with the cap and with a German 37 I bought as a newbie spent significant time trying to do so.

Fast forward a couple of years and I got the same advice from a couple of FOCS fans featured a few post above.

Now I don’t think twice. Just load the blade tighten down and go.

May not look right or pretty, and it doesn’t, but it shaves just fine and I use nothing else now.

I haven’t LEARNED to shave with a bad razor because it isn’t. It was MY PERCEPTION that was wrong.

Unless it’s clearly unsafe try a tentative shave. You might be very pleasantly surprised.

I was, I still am and the advice given about not aligning the cap was spot on. You may be throwing away the best razor you ever bought.

On the other hand, some might not agree with that
You, sir, are quite right about pretty much everything. I still have not managed to assimilate how is this possible, I mean what makes FOCS so gentle and at the same time aggressive enough to take down multiple days of growth with such ease? I'm wondering this everytime I shave, then ordered a second one to see if it was something wrong with the first one (just excuses, who believes that... ) and the second one has the same manner of shaving. The Italians made the Holy razor for me. Thanks to this thread I have found it, thank you guys.

Great shave with the FOCS yesterday! I do not shave with this razor enough! Have a great day y’all!
0F23F999-15E1-4026-B2D5-B277F9E22674.jpeg

Hi,

Just to ask, Have you combined the two Fatip Slant Gold and Chrome razor versions into the one razor? Your razor looks wonderful! Its so stylish! :)
20210807_161917-01.jpeg
Thanks for the kind words.

Yeah, that's exactly what I did... when I saw them laying side by side I thought "why not giving it a try" - and now I'll stick with it until my mood changes. Both mixed metal FOCSes look nice, imo.

View attachment 1308275Thanks for the kind words.

Yeah, that's exactly what I did... when I saw them laying side by side I thought "why not giving it a try" - and now I'll stick with it until my mood changes. Both mixed metal FOCSes look nice, imo.
They look pretty nice! I can try something like this with mine too
As a bonus, given the less-than-perfect QC from Fatip, they are basically 4 completely different razors 😂 (just kidding folks!)

Thanks If I sort of understand correctly it's meant to be more lush with the top cap as oppose to the base, right?

Thanks guys wonder if it shaves any different as I've only used it once and when I used it I had to use one side of the bf the blade where it sticks out from more if that makes sense?
As @sandorfi pointet out you just want to keep the blade edges in parallel with the combs...:thumbsup:

Figured I'd post this here since pretty much everyone with a Fatip has posted in this thread at some point and we seem to like Bolzano blades more than the rest of the forum.....I just saw that they're half price in the 'deal of the day' section at Italian Barber today. $10 bucks for 50 blades.

Top Bottom