What's new

*Fatip Slant*

I just received a FOCS from Maggard Razors.

Is this kind of scratching and scoring normal for a new Fatip razor? The razor came in a box that was already ripped as well. It feels like I was sent a razor that has already been returned once. Alignment seems fine, so maybe I should just not worry about it and use it.

View attachment 1269249View attachment 1269250View attachment 1269251View attachment 1269252
A little more pitting and scratching than the worst of my three fatips. Terrific performing razors, but definitely not as pretty as my Merkurs, Razorock Tech ii / German 37 slant, or Rockwell 6C, all of which have pristine plating and finish (especially important to protect the Zamak underneath).

Last edited:
I received a Gold FOCS from Connaught, today. It's meant as a replacement for my Chrome FOCS that has pins that are slightly bent inwards (longitudinally) that make it difficult to insert or remove certain blades with narrower cutouts.

The pins on the new Gold FOCS are straight and the blade alignment is perfect. The problem is that it's so pretty that I'm thinking of putting it away to preserve its finish! I guess I should have bought another Chrome FOCS instead! 😆

IMG_0367_1200x900.jpg

IMG_0370_1200x900.jpg

IMG_0371_1200x1001.jpg

OK. I know I am late to the FOCS game, but are all the heads on the FOCS razors the same,with the only difference being the handles? If that is correct, then is there a consensus “people’s choice” as to the most popular handle, or is it just a YMMV kind of thing? Thanks
All have the same head, handles are very much YMMV. The smaller handle is solid brass, the larger handle is hollow. The smaller handle is a few grams heavier than the larger one. I like the small one, but I also have one of the Fatip wood handles I can put on for a complete change of pace.

BTW, some vintage razor handles using 10-32 threads will fit. It's not an exact fit, but usually close enough to work fine with approximately the same thread pitch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom