What's new

Fatip , real ? Plain box ?

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Maybe thats the idea behind the mythical Fatip Slant too...

View attachment 1039707

Anytime, David!
EssentialCelebratedAnemoneshrimp-max-1mb.gif

View attachment 1039539

I'm no Fatip expert (Rave is), but my Mk1 came in this blue box I think. It's been a while and memory could be fooling with me.

View attachment 1039541

Yes, this other photo proves it. I think this was the vendor's photo?

Happy shaves,

Jim

I just bought a NOS a few weeks ago that came in a box like this, an MK1. I bought it to have a backup for my other MK1, which I bought in early 2015 that came in the newer box and with a logo stamp under the baseplate. I was confused, so I studied them side-by-side. I don’t have calipers (I was a philosophy major), but I swear they’re identical except for the boxes and the logo stamp. Same size base plates and top caps. Both shave the same. Curious.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I just bought a NOS a few weeks ago that came in a box like this, an MK1. I bought it to have a backup for my other MK1, which I bought in early 2015 that came in the newer box and with a logo stamp under the baseplate. I was confused, so I studied them side-by-side. I don’t have calipers (I was a philosophy major), but I swear they’re identical except for the boxes and the logo stamp. Same size base plates and top caps. Both shave the same. Curious.

Calling @Rave. He's the expert on Fatips (and the BOSC ambassador to Fatip but that's another story).

Are both of your Mk1 razors Grandes or Piccolos or one of each? As far as I can determine neither are available now; the vendor from whom I got mine certainly doesn't seem to have either. I'm glad to have the one I own.

Calipers.jpg

Calipers don't have to be super expensive. I have these and another more expensive pair (pictured), but the cheaper pair are almost exactly the same and just as useful. They work for history majors (and such) and are handy for a number of shaving related uses such as measuring knots. I use 'em a good little bit. A smaller set would be just a useful for my purposes I think.

Here's a digital caliper at a very good price today. $8.49 Prime.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Last edited:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
@pbrmhl.

If I remember right, you enjoy more aggressive razors. Have you seen the Roedter 1909?

5a24b98025b58_Roedter2.jpg.332494b869fec2f2230ad08d7bf98330.jpg

1645949.jpg

18028610ml.jpg

I think @Raven Koenes could point you in the right direction of one, if you're so inclined.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Haven't seen the Amazon link before. Cool. Not that they have the razor any more.

Consult Rave before buying that defective razor Mike mentions. At least my understanding is these are defective, but ask Rave. Rave has one.

Happy shaves,

Jim

@pbrmhl.

If I remember right, you enjoy more aggressive razors. Have you seen the Roedter 1909?

View attachment 1039949

View attachment 1039950

View attachment 1039951

I think @Raven Koenes could point you in the right direction of one, if you're so inclined.

@Polarbeard refers to those as "a real-life version of a razor blade on a stick", and "destroyed Fatips", you probably want to steer clear.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
@Polarbeard refers to those as "a real-life version of a razor blade on a stick", and "destroyed Fatips", you probably want to steer clear.

Yep. Personally, I'd rather use this lol.

One stick, wooden doweling.

wooden_dowels.jpg
Instant epoxy

e4d1ff01-81ad-41b1-84bc-a30fc7bee03b.jpg
One SE blade stuck to said stick.

X_Acto_X670_X670_Single_Edge_362348.jpg
= how many shaves?

12113749.jpg

At least the SE blade wont be flopping around lol.

I recall that I pifed it to @mjclark, a venerable member that in my book is the inventor of "Horror Shaving" meaning to boldly go where no one has gone before trying out the limits of what's possible to shave with. I still feel bad about having exposed him to the risk. Then again he seemed to have found the contraption to be useful.

@pbrmhl.

View attachment 1039949

View attachment 1039950

View attachment 1039951

I’ve been doing some research on this. It’s essentially a defective Fatip, right? Maybe I should put one of my MK1 Fatips in a vise to “upgrade” it... In any event, the Roedter doesn’t seem available anymore—high demand?

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I’ve been doing some research on this. It’s essentially a defective Fatip, right? Maybe I should put one of my MK1 Fatips in a vise to “upgrade” it... In any event, the Roedter doesn’t seem available anymore—high demand?

Thats the story as I understand it. I think Rave said there were 500 of them. Sold out? Maybe...

Hello! This Fatip looks pretty menacing. If I had to shave them, I must have insured my face for a large amount. But, if you look at it from the other side, this razor is simply exclusive. And a true thrill-seeker is simply obliged to shave with this razor sometimes. :c17::straight: I was intrigued by this topic, and I will monitor the further development of events. Regards, Eugene.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
You can buy the Roedter 1909 from this Dutch Vendor Scheermes Roedter 1909 Titan - https://www.barbieredifigaro.nl/scheermes-roedter-1909-titan. It doesn't come cheap for a defective Fatip, especially when you add in shipping from the Netherlands. The Vendor put this disclaimer with it:

Don't order without reading this: This DE razor is probably the most aggressive razor you will ever encounter. Not suitable for shavers with sensitive skin or for unexperienced shavers.

With this razor, you can get the result with one pass, where other razors would need 2 or 3 passes.

OK, now you have been warned, proceed to the "add" button...

There is one review:

donbeths22/03/2016
I received my roedter1909 last week The Best shave I have had for a long time

Someday I will shave with mine. I bought it because it is now part of Fatips legacy, and I have bought into the Fairy Tale (mythology) surrounding this product created so the Dutch Vendor could move them.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
You can buy the Roedter 1909 from this Dutch Vendor Scheermes Roedter 1909 Titan - https://www.barbieredifigaro.nl/scheermes-roedter-1909-titan. It doesn't come cheap for a defective Fatip, especially when you add in shipping from the Netherlands. The Vendor put this disclaimer with it:

Don't order without reading this: This DE razor is probably the most aggressive razor you will ever encounter. Not suitable for shavers with sensitive skin or for unexperienced shavers.

With this razor, you can get the result with one pass, where other razors would need 2 or 3 passes.

OK, now you have been warned, proceed to the "add" button...

There is one review:

donbeths22/03/2016
I received my roedter1909 last week The Best shave I have had for a long time

Someday I will shave with mine. I bought it because it is now part of Fatips legacy, and I have bought into the Fairy Tale (mythology) surrounding this product created so the Dutch Vendor could move them.
No there are still some left! :w00t:
I'm not surprised!
:lol1: I've heard it pairs well with a Graham Field. I don't know where I heard this, but it must be true because someone said it...oh, wait, that was me.
Said the Marquis de Sade lol.

Must be losing the few marbles I have left: I just ordered one of the 'defective' FaTips. :letterk1:

Could...not...resist... :letterk1:

Definitely BOSC behavior. ;) :)

Top Bottom