What's new

Fatip razor QC

I had one Fatip, it had perfect plating, alignment, etc...
I don't like that big spot just below the left hole on the baseplate. what could that be?
I'd try to contact the seller to get their opinion. should the plating start to peel later, you would have proof that it wasn't perfect ever.

To help reduce or eliminate alignment problems, I load the razor upside down. That means I load blade on the cap before placing the bottom plate on the blade.
I keep reading about this method for loading the Fatip razors. I find it funny because that's the way I've always loaded all my razors since I started DE shaving. Nobody ever taught me that, it just seemed like the logical way of doing it for me. Maybe my brain sees things upside down, LOL!
I guess I'll be OK then when I get my Fatip's!

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I know, I know…😞

I want an Il Grosso as well, but there are imposed GRUMEing effects in this household 😇😋😉 because my RAD is surfacing to the point of visibility.

Guido
You had me worried there for a minute. I can always find a place for another Fatip in my den.

~doug~

And don't forget: wives have a sixth sense for this! I even had to give up on my girlfriend...
In her defense I do need to say that she decided to buy me another razor for my birthday - it’s not a Fatip but it is Italian. And it is actually two razor handles and one head. And I have a cloned R41 head to fit the handle, so I get two razors in one go. And she was okay with that 😁😇😋.

Cheers,

Guido

I keep reading about this method for loading the Fatip razors. I find it funny because that's the way I've always loaded all my razors since I started DE shaving. Nobody ever taught me that, it just seemed like the logical way of doing it for me. Maybe my brain sees things upside down, LOL!
I guess I'll be OK then when I get my Fatip's!
Same here. I can't imagine loading it "right side up." 🙂

…. It's purely cosmetic, they are actually handmade. Just check that blade alignment is ok. Unbeatable for the price, and it's myriad fans overlook such minor surface imperfections. They just give them character.

What's normal for the Fatip Piccolo is that it will give you an awesome shave for pennies, and being all brass it will outlast you.

+1! Looking for long-lasting ’value,’ tough to beat FaTip!

Looking for top-level fit and finish, tough to beat Wolfman!

IMHO, these are different animals that can both deliver stellar shaves!! :thumbup1:

Hey Fatip lovers, I've been shaving with my two Fatips: Grande OC gunmetal black and my Gold (FOCS). Been at it for 2 weeks.
A few days ago I received my 3rd. one: A closed comb Grande in Chrome!
Then a couple days ago I ordered an OC Grande in nickel!
And today I ordered the "il Grosso OC in gold!"
That brings the total to 5, LOL!!
It's all good though because I sold a few other razors to get the Fatip's.
Major Fatip RAD!!
I don't know what it is but they've sidelined my expensive razors! It's a total joy using all these razors!
So far the QC has been great on the 3 I've received so far and I get equal quality shaves as compared to my razors that cost 3 to 6 times more.
I'm very happy with them and see myself using them for a long time!
LRod

Last edited:
I love both my Grande and Lo Storto OC razors, but agree with the comments about minor pitting, and flashing at the base of the center bolt and alignment posts. However, since these minor cosmetic flaws don't appear to affect the function or longevity, I can happily overlook them, especially in an all-brass construction razor at this price range.

I've used both the Merkur 39C and the (slightly more aggressive knockoff) Razorock German 37 slant, and both are excellent, efficient razors. Yet, of the three slants, the Fatip Lo Storto OC is the winner, having both the
efficiency (with moderate blade feel) of the RR, and the mildness of the Merkur. Despite a moderate blade reveal, with its small gap and rigid blade support close to the edge, the Grande is very slightly less than the Lo Storto in terms of efficiency / mildness, but either are excellent choices.

At the risk of sounding picky, the tearing of the cardboard holding Fatps in their box, often seen in shipping due to a design error (the head is secured, but not the handle), detracts slightly from giving it as a gift.

Top Bottom