What's new

Fatip question.

I just got a Piccolo and have a question
What do people mean when they say they have blade alignment issues? I put a blade in mine and it seems fine, but I'm not really sure what I should be looking for. Is it uneven blade exposure on each side? Or uneven horizontally/side to side? I put a GSB in last night and will try it out today or tomorrow. Thanks guys!

I just got a Piccolo and have a question
What do people mean when they say they have blade alignment issues? I put a blade in mine and it seems fine, but I'm not really sure what I should be looking for. Is it uneven blade exposure on each side? Or uneven horizontally/side to side? I put a GSB in last night and will try it out today or tomorrow. Thanks guys!
It means more exposure on one side of the other, or the blade does not sit straight with respect to the guard.

The Fatip OC is similar to the Gillette Old Type in that there is some looseness in the fit between the blade and the posts. Unless the razor is truly defective, it is possible to set the blade so it is well-aligned.

Newer Fatips seem to have tighter tolerances. With the right technique and some practice, the blade will usually align itself as the razor handle is tightened down.

It means more exposure on one side of the other, or the blade does not sit straight with respect to the guard.

The Fatip OC is similar to the Gillette Old Type in that there is some looseness in the fit between the blade and the posts. Unless the razor is truly defective, it is possible to set the blade so it is well-aligned.

Newer Fatips seem to have tighter tolerances. With the right technique and some practice, the blade will usually align itself as the razor handle is tightened down.
Thanks! I put the cap on a washcloth. Put a blade on then put on the base plate. Then left it sitting like that as I screwed on the handle. Is that the correct method?

Top Bottom