What's new

Fatip plate loss - what to do?

Hi all,

My V1 piccolo is showing signs of plate loss on the top cap. First time I’ve ever had this happen with any of my razors and I’m quite annoyed.

Hard to tell from the photos if the underlying metal has started corroding but I obviously haven’t used it since discovering this.

Is there anything that can be done about this or should I just put the razor in permanent storage?

I do have a spare unused V1 (much prefer it to the V2) but wanted to keep this good, plus I am unwilling to use it if the same thing is going to happen.

Thanks guys,

R

Attachments

• A50A3656-11D4-46FE-8843-EC1BFB7256DD.jpeg
    A50A3656-11D4-46FE-8843-EC1BFB7256DD.jpeg
    745.1 KB · Views: 48
  • F3F813FA-84B7-4D63-8E5F-D3741D73D777.jpeg
    F3F813FA-84B7-4D63-8E5F-D3741D73D777.jpeg
    690.2 KB · Views: 48
There is brass underneath so no corroding issue besides the visual distraction.

Replating could be an option if you can’t replace the cap or don’t like to use it as it is.

I did think about replacing the cap, but the only other fatip cap I have is the v2 piccolo and I much prefer the v1 in terms of shave.

If I could find an unused v1 that would be ideal, but for now you have put my mind at ease so will continue using the v1, cheers!

I did think about replacing the cap, but the only other fatip cap I have is the v2 piccolo and I much prefer the v1 in terms of shave.

If I could find an unused v1 that would be ideal, but for now you have put my mind at ease so will continue using the v1, cheers!
If you check the bay there are V1 versions available in Piccolo and Grande. I can send you a link if you want. Ships from Germany if I recall correctly.

And like the senior members before me said the razor itself is still intact. This unfortunately the Fatip way sometimes. You should see the cap of my Special Edition!

Guido

Is there anything that can be done about this or should I just put the razor in permanent storage?
It looks like the finnish is chipping rather than wearing but good thing is the metal base is brass. It is not worth re-plating as they are inepensive to replace.
Is that a chrome finish?
You should see the cap of my Special Edition!
Mine too but it is nickel below the black chrome.

If you check the bay there are V1 versions available in Piccolo and Grande. I can send you a link if you want. Ships from Germany if I recall correctly.

And like the senior members before me said the razor itself is still intact. This unfortunately the Fatip way sometimes. You should see the cap of my Special Edition!

Guido

Oh cool, I didn’t know there were still V1 fatips available, that would be great if you could send me a link please!

Thanks,

R

Top Bottom