What's new

Fatip Picolo and the R41 2011

That's very interesting. Five or four years ago I bought the Sabi T1 and the Cadet razors, both really just for the sake of the handles. Tried shaving once with one of the two (can't remember which) when I wasn't yet acquainted with any aggressive razors, and didn't have a good experience. (My real introduction to that world was the 2011 R41, which in a fit of perversity that paid off, I stubbornly stuck to.) Have used the Sabi handle ever since, but now I don't know if which of my assorted razor parts that head is. If I can figure it out, I will try the cap with my Pearl base plate.

As an aside, the old Sabi handle is one of the few that fit the Fatip.
I actually had similar experience with the R41 early in my wet shaving career and only recently became reaquainted. Works just fine for me now. I'm guessing from other users comments it may have been the Cadet giving you grief, seems the trickier of the two. I've got the SABI cap on the R41 baseplate (with one shim) on tap for tomorrow. All fun razors.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

jmudrick, I acted on your previous frankenrazor suggestion (cap from Sabi bar razor on base plate from Pearl OC), but I couldn't find the Sabi head so I used the cap from a Matador Toro Mastiff, which I believe has the same head. That's some razor, all right--it felt almost as smooth as my Fatip MK1, but even milder [again, in all this, my perception is warped]...and it perhaps shaved even closer. Your saying "you can't go wrong" doesn't seem like empty wordifying; I could imagine a wide swath of shavers (milder to more aggressive) taking to it.

In case anyone reading this might be interested in trying jmudrick's creation and doesn't have the parts, you could purchase them for a total of about $18 using these two links: [this would make the head only]

Matador Aggressive Double Edge Head Only

Spare Part Pearl Bottom Plate for Open Comb Head Double Edge Shaving Razor | eBay

Top Bottom