What's new

Fatip picollo Chrome or Nickel

Hi, with black friday coming up I want to buy a Fatip OC picollo (I already am a happy FOCS owner).

Would you buy the Nickel or the chrome (+4,50€) version??

Thx for the advice.

I like the look of the Nickel Piccolo. I call my Piccolo, a modern classic. My solid brass nickel plated Piccolo OC like my solid brass nickel plated 1953 Gillette Ball End Tech are both lifetime razors that I'll pass down to my sons and grandsons.

Well.......... just couldn't resist this black friday offer and ordered the nickel version.

Knipsel.JPG

For that price I couldn't let it gather dust in Italy :adoration::adoration::adoration:.

lasta

Blade Biter
Imperfections in a Fatip are part of their charm. You are reminded that however famous a region may be for its craftsmen, those destined to be artisans had to get their start somewhere.
You are right. Fatips are made by half-@$$ed Italians with questionable design choices and poor workmanship.

Yet they are THE smoothest gliding and most efficient razor at any price range.

You are right. Fatips are made by half-@$$ed Italians with questionable design choices and poor workmanship.

Yet they are THE smoothest gliding and most efficient razor at any price range.
I blame the QC. It's a little known non-fact that Quality Assurance is run by a guy from Hoboken, New Jersey, named Abe Stanz who doesn't speak a word of Italian. A completed piece is presented to him with, "Abbastanza Bouno?", he intuits a compliment, and passes it through.

My Fatip is a glorious tool. That the step of ensuring the blade is properly seated is occasionally rewarded with an opportunity for adjustment is a gift. I mean no offense to the craftsmen or Abe, only gratitude.

Top Bottom