What's new

(Fatip) Piccolo Lovers’ Club: PLC

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Count me in. Recieved my OC piccolo. Perfect blade alignment every time. Beautiful finish. Great shave with a BIC blade, pretty forgiving. Still getting used to the slim handle. Waiting on FOCS. Hope it´s as good. Recieved and shaved with a Yaqi Slant head yesterday, now that is an agressive shave.
Welcome pemaleto! Please feel free to add PLC to your signature line. A Piccolo handle works very well on the FOCS. I hope you like it. There's a story behind the FOCS. Forgive me if you've already heard it. The Guys, Jim, Cal, Mike, and I thought a Fatip Slant would be a smashing idea. They nominated me as the Fatip Ambassador to contact them to ask if they'd consider a slant. A month later Fatip announced they were working on one. Two years later they released it. That's our story and we're sticking to it.

There's a story behind the FOCS. Forgive me if you've already heard it. The Guys, Jim, Cal, Mike, and I thought a Fatip Slant would be a smashing idea. They nominated me as the Fatip Ambassador to contact them to ask if they'd consider a slant. A month later Fatip announced they were working on one. Two years later they released it. That's our story and we're sticking to it.
:cornut: A true story indeed!

Of course, our controllers now have our cognitive dissonance tuned so finely that we find it really difficult to believe the truth any more.
And good ol' Winston Smith is still flat out writing what is real, for today, at the Ministry of Truth. :facep:

Sorry guys, I just couldn't resist that mini rant. :blushing:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
:cornut: A true story indeed!

Of course, our controllers now have our cognitive dissonance tuned so finely that we find it really difficult to believe the truth any more.
And good ol' Winston Smith is still flat out writing what is real, for today, at the Ministry of Truth. :facep:

Sorry guys, I just couldn't resist that mini rant. :blushing:
...and I've saved the original time-stamped correspondence as proof to be used against the "Ministry of Truth."

Welcome pemaleto! Please feel free to add PLC to your signature line. A Piccolo handle works very well on the FOCS. I hope you like it. There's a story behind the FOCS. Forgive me if you've already heard it. The Guys, Jim, Cal, Mike, and I thought a Fatip Slant would be a smashing idea. They nominated me as the Fatip Ambassador to contact them to ask if they'd consider a slant. A month later Fatip announced they were working on one. Two years later they released it. That's our story and we're sticking to it.
Just recieved my FOCS piccolo. Nice finish and weight. It was great that FATIP considered your sugestion. I think I´m becoming a FATIP fan!

I broke GRUME April :crying: for this, but there is a new Fatip Piccolo Nickel :thumbup: on its way. It was 30% off at my go-to shaving webshop. I could not resist. This new Fatip will be part of the travelling razor kit, but may very well end up in the regular rotation as well. Also bought an Italian soap to boot to keep with the Italian theme (and to avoid additional S&H :001_smile). So lived up to the PLC expectation today!

Started with GRUME May this morning. And decided to go for a bit of DYI making a razor stand for my Fatips. The other slot will be occupied by tomorrow afternoon (purchased prior to the GRUME).

1651417148815.png

Nice job, I did something similar with a piece of macacauba door casing I cut to size and drilled.
Nice! Looks great and clean designed. With a plastic inside for the Mühle? Or did you do that for all razors? Nice touch to see rotation in action with three holes in the front and alternating holes in the back. All ready to go!

And very nice collection there too @pemaleto.

Cheers,

Guido

Nice! Looks great and clean designed. With a plastic inside for the Mühle? Or did you do that for all razors? Nice touch to see rotation in action with three holes in the front and alternating holes in the back. All ready to go!

And very nice collection there too @pemaleto.

Cheers,

Guido
The wood is very old and difficult to drill, especially the larger holes, I would have to wait for the drill bits to cool down. The hole for the Edwin Jagger Kelvin was a bit loose, so I made a plastic insert for that one. Initially it was it was for six razors facing forward, but then I got a few more and just drilled two more holes. It was really an off the cuff thing.

The wood is very old and difficult to drill, especially the larger holes, I would have to wait for the drill bits to cool down. The hole for the Edwin Jagger Kelvin was a bit loose, so I made a plastic insert for that one. Initially it was it was for six razors facing forward, but then I got a few more and just drilled two more holes. It was really an off the cuff thing.
It must have been serendipity! Worked out nicely I would say. And I now see it’s an EJ rather than a Mühle. In the back I spotted a KCG. Great razor as well - but given this thread’s name; good thing that the Fatips are in front!😎

Cheers,

Guido

If only it was tomorrow already! It arrived today. The nickel version appears to be even more beautiful than the Special Edition (see the plating on the top cap is already fading in places - I have had it for a month or so now albeit as a daily driver. I now use a micro fibre towel to clean my razors). And the nickel is shiny too - almost chrome-like.

Immediately loaded it with a KCG blade to hit the ground running tomorrow. Together with the new vegan Italian soap (Creed Aventus inspired).

Attachments

• E2FC00B7-BD5E-464F-ADD2-39EFAD0A7FD6.jpeg
    E2FC00B7-BD5E-464F-ADD2-39EFAD0A7FD6.jpeg
    830.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
If only it was tomorrow already! It arrived today. The nickel version appears to be even more beautiful than the Special Edition (see the plating on the top cap is already fading in places - I have had it for a month or so now albeit as a daily driver. I now use a micro fibre towel to clean my razors). And the nickel is shiny too - almost chrome-like.

Immediately loaded it with a KCG blade to hit the ground running tomorrow. Together with the new vegan Italian soap (Creed Aventus inspired).
What I find intriguing is that although these razors should be identical except for the finish they are actually different. The SE has a tighter fit between handle and top cap (as evidenced by the squeaky sound it makes when I tighten the handle). The nickel is more smooth during assembly. Also my mind is playing tricks on me thinking that the nickel handle is ever so slightly wider.

Either way I love it and I was also in the nick of time because at present my regular webshop does not carry the Piccolo nickel anymore.

Switched the blade by the way to a Dorco ST300 HQ. First time round that was not as smooth as I had hoped so a second chance is in order.

What I find intriguing is that although these razors should be identical except for the finish they are actually different. The SE has a tighter fit between handle and top cap (as evidenced by the squeaky sound it makes when I tighten the handle). The nickel is more smooth during assembly. Also my mind is playing tricks on me thinking that the nickel handle is ever so slightly wider.

Either way I love it and I was also in the nick of time because at present my regular webshop does not carry the Piccolo nickel anymore.

Switched the blade by the way to a Dorco ST300 HQ. First time round that was not as smooth as I had hoped so a second chance is in order.
Glad your happy with it. I have a few tucks of Dorco ST300 HQ blades only tried them once in the KCG razor and didn´t find them too smooth. The blade I like most in the OC Piccolo is the BIC Chrome Platinum.

Glad your happy with it. I have a few tucks of Dorco ST300 HQ blades only tried them once in the KCG razor and didn´t find them too smooth. The blade I like most in the OC Piccolo is the BIC Chrome Platinum.
Check @pemaleto - I took them for a ride in the KCG. It was rough(er) at first but to be honest it smoothed out with more shaves. I ended up using one blade 6-7 shaves (usually four passes). I did not expect that at all. The Fatip performs very well with KCG blades and Tiger Platinums. Maybe it is the platinum coating although the Dorco is supposedly platinum as well. Ok blade but not on my repurchase list so far. Curious to try the Dorco Titan of which I have one 5-pack. Read some good reviews about that blade.

And as for the Dorco in the Fatip - see my SOTD post and be part of the mayhem 😬: What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best) - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/what-did-you-use-today-rate-the-shave-1-10-10-best.568241/post-11753381

Not sure if I am ready for a BIC yet - need to work on my technique some more, but good to know it is a matching combination. Thanks.

Cheers,

Guido

Top Bottom