What's new

(Fatip) Piccolo Lovers’ Club: PLC

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I'm in, I love my Fatip Piccolo, it is one of my favourite razors
IMG_20200923_210925.jpg

Well, the Piccolo has landed, but I think I ended up with one of the old versions. Not sure I am happy about it! The blade exposure is insane, simply frightening.

I will check with the vendor if they can replace it with a newer version

IMG-3423.jpg

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Well, the Piccolo has landed, but I think I ended up with one of the old versions. Not sure I am happy about it! The blade exposure is insane, simply frightening.

I will check with the vendor if they can replace it with a newer version

View attachment 1166187
Yup, you got yourself a Piccolo Mk1. It's a bit of a novelty to own one of the nos Fatips nowadays, but the Mk2 is soooo much better. Maybe you can get an Mk2 and keep the Mk1?

Yup, you got yourself a Piccolo Mk1. It's a bit of a novelty to own one of the nos Fatips nowadays, but the Mk2 is soooo much better. Maybe you can get an Mk2 and keep the Mk1?

Do you think there's a second hand market for the Mk1? I don't think I am brave enough to put that blade on my face.
Tomorrow morning I'll pay a visit in person to the vendor, problem is: my wife is coming with me so it will be hard to enter with 1 razor and leave with 2 :lol:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Do you think there's a second hand market for the Mk1? I don't think I am brave enough to put that blade on my face.
Tomorrow morning I'll pay a visit in person to the vendor, problem is: my wife is coming with me so it will be hard to enter with 1 razor and leave with 2 :lol:
There is most definetly a market for the Mk1. It is becoming unobtanium!

Has anyone ever tried using the top cap of an R41 with the mk1 base plate successfully?

It reduces the exposure a lot, and the blade fits quite tightly....

@jmudrick is the master of "mixing and matching" and/or "Frankenrazoring." I'm pretty sure he'll have tried that combination, and hopefully may jump in and comment.

That said, why not just try it? :wink2:

You're right. I may give it a try. It was inexpensive, anyway. I will report back with my findings.

Reactions: Cal
I visited the vendor yesterday and all the guy had was a bunch of v1 Fatips: Piccolo, Grande, Gold, you name it... all with the short caps

He was very kind and asked if I was the person who purchased a Fatip on-line that Week, but unfortunately he was unaware of any “new versions” of the razor. I assume they bought a large stock from an old dealer and these razors must be hard to move locally.

Anyway, I purchased a Fatip Piccolo Gold from Spain and have it on the way. It might take anywhere from 2 to 25 weeks to arrive, so I will have to be patient. These were launched in December 2019, so I’m sure they will have the new top cap.

Meanwhile, as promised I took the Piccolo v1 for a spin this morning...

Holy Feedback, Batman! The blade exposure combined with an extra thin Nacet blade was pure shaving symphony. The angle was intuitive, and I love the small but solid handle.

This razor is SMOOTH, despite the amount of blade exposure, which surprised me. I took my time and went very lightly, first WTG then only on my face a ATG pass for a BBS. No nicks, weepers or cuts.

Conclusion: I liked everything about the Fatip v1. I wish the blade exposure was not that big, just for the piece of mind... but it is a d*** fine shaver and everything about it is classy and vintage. Best $20 I’ve ever spent on a razor and I’m looking forward to using it again and of course receiving the Piccolo v2.

Top Bottom