What's new

(Fatip) Piccolo Lovers’ Club: PLC

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Buddy,

How's the piccolo compared to the NSC?
Review required lol!

You've really perked my interest in it again and I feel a case of RAD flaring up again lol.

I should really stop reading such posts and look for "this sucks type of thread"!

Mawashi
@mawashi the Piccolo has unseated the New Short Comb. The balance is better. With a Feather the NSC is slightly more efficient than the Piccolo, but the trade-off is in comfort. After 2 weeks and not a single nick or weeper, the Pic is a keeper. Last night I decided to use a little pressure on the first pass with a Nacet and the second pass it felt like I took the blade out........... ZERO irritation.

But I digress

@mawashi the Piccolo has unseated the New Short Comb. The balance is better. With a Feather the NSC is slightly more efficient than the Piccolo, but the trade-off is in comfort. After 2 weeks and not a single nick or weeper, the Pic is a keeper. Last night I decided to use a little pressure on the first pass with a Nacet and the second pass it felt like I took the blade out........... ZERO irritation.

But I digress

Dang it! Looks like I gotta get one and NOW!

I can't blame you too much as I got you started on this crazy journey too rofl.

Thanks buddy!

Any time.

BTW, just tried an Astra SP in the Piccolo tonight. No comment.

Oops... I was kidda expecting that.

Astra only seems to work on just a few razors with me.

Feathers, Nacets and then a long way down are the astras in terms of smoothness.. With a feather or Nacet because they're so sharp, I seldom need to buff where as with the astra I need to go over the same area a few times and that leads to razor burn.

Astra sp have become my travel blades, I shave em and chuck em every few days unlike the Nacets or feathers which can last at least 2 weeks.

Take it easy buddy.

My Fatip Piccolo mk1 is on its way from Germany to join its bigger siblings in Macedonia, the Grande OC and Testina Gentile. :001_wub: Will share my impressions here. Blades will be Astra SS, SP, Gillette Platinum.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
My Fatip Piccolo mk1 is on its way from Germany to join its bigger siblings in Macedonia, the Grande OC and Testina Gentile. :001_wub: Will share my impressions here. Blades will be Astra SS, SP, Gillette Platinum.
How do you know if your Piccolo is a mk1, I just got mine last month and I don't see that listed anywhere.

How do you know if your Piccolo is a mk1, I just got mine last month and I don't see that listed anywhere.
The Mk1 cap is ~18mm wide and there are no markings on the baseplate. The Mk2 cap is ~19mm wide and the Fatip logo is stamped on the underside of the baseplate.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
The Mk1 cap is ~18mm wide and there are no markings on the baseplate. The Mk2 cap is ~19mm wide and the Fatip logo is stamped on the underside of the baseplate.
Thanks, that being said, my Piccolo is the Mk2, and I am , ahem, very happy with it.
As I am looking to add another OC to my club, what would the difference be between the 2 caps as how they shave?
I'm thinking the Mk1 might be a little more aggressive.

I'm thinking the Mk1 might be a little more aggressive.
:laugh: Yep, a little.
upload_2019-5-10_5-21-3.png
upload_2019-5-10_5-21-34.png

I think the Premax branded razors for sale at the Zamberg website are ‘Mk1’. For those of us who are CONUS, Florida is a little closer than Germany. I have one and have checked the measurements.

Good time to all. Today I’ll start testing blades SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS, received as a generous PIF from Igor (Spase_Cadet), on the Fatip Piccolo SE OC razor. In the soft razor Feather Popular this blade has served 8 times, let's see how many times it will be enough to use in Fatip Piccolo. Today, the first shave, for shaving I used cold water, pre-treatment of the face with oil, foam, which I whipped with a brush, two passes - one in the direction of hair growth, the other in the opposite direction, and minimal polishing. After shaving, I treated my face with an ice cube from a tincture of steppe herbs, and after five minutes with an after shave cream. Cuts, blood and irritation are completely absent. I got a full bbs. The SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS blade in the Fatip Piccolo razor was sharp, but not excessive, and smooth. The razor felt a slight resistance on the stubborn chin of the chin on the first pass. In other places and in the second pass, the razor slid like a knife in butter. Today's shaving brought a lot of positive emotions. Sincerely, Eugene.
20190512_134928.jpg

I greet everyone. Today, the second use of the blades SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS, received as a generous PIF from Igor (Spase_Cadet), in the Fatip Piccolo SE OC razor. Today's shaving was practically the same as previous shaving, except that the growth of stubble was three days, and I cut off two small pimples on my lower lip, getting two small drops of blood. Again BBS and a large number of positive emotions from shaving. The blade test continues. Sincerely, Eugene.

Good time to all. Today I’ll start testing blades SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS, received as a generous PIF from Igor (Spase_Cadet), on the Fatip Piccolo SE OC razor. In the soft razor Feather Popular this blade has served 8 times, let's see how many times it will be enough to use in Fatip Piccolo. Today, the first shave, for shaving I used cold water, pre-treatment of the face with oil, foam, which I whipped with a brush, two passes - one in the direction of hair growth, the other in the opposite direction, and minimal polishing. After shaving, I treated my face with an ice cube from a tincture of steppe herbs, and after five minutes with an after shave cream. Cuts, blood and irritation are completely absent. I got a full bbs. The SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS blade in the Fatip Piccolo razor was sharp, but not excessive, and smooth. The razor felt a slight resistance on the stubborn chin of the chin on the first pass. In other places and in the second pass, the razor slid like a knife in butter. Today's shaving brought a lot of positive emotions. Sincerely, Eugene.View attachment 980087
that is an outstanding photo.

Can I join please gentlemen..?

I just had the best shave of my life, and had to tell someone so:

Fatip Piccolo (mk2) / Feather blade / Extro bay rum soap / Simpson ‘the Duke’ 2 brush / alum / Floid vigoroso / Nivea sensitive balm

Just wished I had a more face so I could keep going...
... That’s all. Thank you

Top Bottom