What's new

Fatip Piccolo for everyday?

Hey,

How would you rate Fatip piccolo for everyday shaving. Too aggressive, or smooth enough for no irritation?

thanks!

For me personally, the Fatip OCs are NOT everyday shavers. I mix them in with the Fatip Gentile and Karve which are both better every day shavers.

The Fatip Piccolo has its adherents; loyal users who post about the marvelous qualities of this razor.

I'm not one of them.

I find the Piccolo too harsh for daily shaving. I've not gotten a shave where I've not nicked myself, which is frustrating as I've been DE shaving for years and years and think my technique is solid. I hesitate to say its too "aggressiveness" to shave with daily, because I have a Muhle 41, which many consider "aggressive" and I have no problems shaving with it.

Fatip Gentile and Karve Christopher Bradley. Note that the Karve is $100 and on backorder for almost 8 weeks. The Fatip Gentile is around $25 and readily available. Both are brass razors and will last a lifetime with proper care. And as good as the Karve is, the Gentile is still slightly smoother imo...you can't go wrong with the Fatip Gentile IMO.
And what would you recommend as an everyday shaver?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I used one as a daily driver for a few months. I had no issues with it. This said, blade selection is key. If your skin can’t take a Feather blade every single day, don’t load one in the Piccolo. I found I got great shaves every single day with a Piccolo and a Voskhod. Also, hold a slightly wider angle. This makes the Piccolo a bit less aggressive.

Fatip Gentile and Karve Christopher Bradley. Note that the Karve is $100 and on backorder for almost 8 weeks. The Fatip Gentile is around $25 and readily available. Both are brass razors and will last a lifetime with proper care. And as good as the Karve is, the Gentile is still slightly smoother imo...you can't go wrong with the Fatip Gentile IMO.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Is Gentile any more agressive than EJ89?

Hey,
How would you rate Fatip piccolo for everyday shaving. Too aggressive, or smooth enough for no irritation?
It is quite aggressive and I am still looking for the best blade to use in it (Mk 1) but with good technique I see no reason why it cannot be a daily razor. I find a shallow blade angle works best for me and the balance is good; I have used it for a 2-3 month spell and I get good results. The Mk 2 I hear is more tame so I would suggest it may be an option for you.

Curious, which fatip head is plisson putting on their razors? They have some fatip based raxors with amazing fit/finish .

I've used the Piccolo daily with no ill effects, usually a GSB or Lab Blue loaded. I find it a very comfortable shave.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I really think the trick with the Fatip is to lift the handle a bit more for a greater angle and less aggression.

I have the new Fatip Piccolo special edition on its way.

It's the best of both worlds, as it comes with the original open comb base plate, and also the Gentile base plate. I'm glad I waited for it, as you effectively have both razors, for only a few dollars more.
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I've used bothe the gentile, OC in grande and picolo form and found them all easy to live with. Just remember NO PRESSURE or they will let you know.

Hey,

thanks!
Hi
In my view Supermax super Platinum are great for Fatips OC. And actually who needs a three pass shave every single day, especially with an aggressive razor? Cheers

Last edited:
I recently purchased a Piccolo. I haven't used it daily but I could, it gives a 1st class shave. As it is I alternate between the Fat Tip and a GEM OCMM.

I can hardly wait till Fat Tip releases its Slant razor in September.

Top Bottom