What's new

Fatip Piccolo for everyday?

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Wonder what they mean by "weight more evenly distributed"?

My Grande couldnt have better balance if I did it myself. Its perfect.

That gold Gentile Piccolo is whispering incessantly since Rave made that post. We'll see if it starts poking me in the chest lol.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
My Grande couldnt have better balance if I did it myself. Its perfect.

That gold Gentile Piccolo is whispering incessantly since Rave made that post. We'll see if it starts poking me in the chest lol.
It will. Already in my brain something fierce. ;)

If that came off as gruff, I was just dunking my oatmeal cookie in my coffee and half fell in. :ohmy: Can ya blame me?

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
It's curious that Italian Barber has the weight of the old piccolo at 70g and Fatip says the new piccolo weighs 70g.

Heavier than the Grande?

IMG_2624.jpg

It isnt much and I cant say I noticed the difference but I'm surprised.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
The batteries for my scale are dead yet again so that will have to wait...

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
The batteries for my scale are dead yet again so that will have to wait...

Don't you Canadians have Call-A-Battery-Free-Delivery?

It's a great American app tied in with Uber. Really helps me out on Christmas morning when they are at their busiest.

I'm not surprised the Piccolo is heavier than the Grande. Still, its handle is too skinny for my tastes.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Hello everyone! Dear Sirs, a discussion at the same time on several topics of the Fatip razor speaks of its high popularity on this site. I bought Fatip Piccolo CE almost a year ago. Of course, he partially lost his paint, and looks pretty sloppy. But he shaves like a razor of God, with the right blade. I shaved Piccolo yesterday. For several hours, my chin and my cheeks were as smooth as the faces of the marble statues of Michelangelo. Today, my facial hair will be inaccessible to electric razor knives; it has grown too little after yesterday's shaving. I could shave Piccolo today, but I don't see the need for this. I will shave tomorrow, and my face will regain smoothness like an Easter egg. You can tell me that I found a razor that gives me the perfect shave. Yes it's true. But I have a little dream about Fatip. I saw discussions that the company was going to release Fatip Slant. Which of those present here spoke directly with the manufacturer Fatip? If it’s not difficult for you to ask the manufacturer a question, when is he planning to release Fatip Slant, and will it be an open comb razor? I think that many Fatip devotees are interested in this question. Thanks. Regards, Eugene.

Hello everyone! Dear Sirs, a discussion at the same time on several topics of the Fatip razor speaks of its high popularity on this site. I bought Fatip Piccolo CE almost a year ago. Of course, he partially lost his paint, and looks pretty sloppy. But he shaves like a razor of God, with the right blade. I shaved Piccolo yesterday. For several hours, my chin and my cheeks were as smooth as the faces of the marble statues of Michelangelo. Today, my facial hair will be inaccessible to electric razor knives; it has grown too little after yesterday's shaving. I could shave Piccolo today, but I don't see the need for this. I will shave tomorrow, and my face will regain smoothness like an Easter egg. You can tell me that I found a razor that gives me the perfect shave. Yes it's true. But I have a little dream about Fatip. I saw discussions that the company was going to release Fatip Slant. Which of those present here spoke directly with the manufacturer Fatip? If it’s not difficult for you to ask the manufacturer a question, when is he planning to release Fatip Slant, and will it be an open comb razor? I think that many Fatip devotees are interested in this question. Thanks. Regards, Eugene.
There were some posts on that topic several months ago. There were messages from Fatip personnel on one of the social media sites saying it would probably be September of this year, but no promises. Evidently, it will be available whenever they think it is ready.

There were some posts on that topic several months ago. There were messages from Fatip personnel on one of the social media sites saying it would probably be September of this year, but no promises. Evidently, it will be available whenever they think it is ready.
Thanks. But probably on this site there is someone who lives in Italy, or perhaps one of the wholesalers of shaving accessories, who can ask an official request to the head of Fatip. Regards, Eugene.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
A few years back us founding members of BOSC Cal, Mike @Esox , and Jim @Chan Eil Whiskers, had an idea that a Fatip Slant would be awesome. They nominated me as an ambassador to Fatip, and to contact them if they would ever consider making one. Months went by and they announced they were going to start working on one. It was scheduled for release at Christmas time last year. Then they said it would be this year. It seems they went back to the drawing board. If you go to their official Facebook site they say it will be released maybe for Christmas. They are definitely not making it a secret. I have spoken with them directly four or five times. They have always responded in regards to the slant and tried to help me find a 1980's Fatip. I eventually found one of those on eBay Italy.

Last edited:
Speaking of Facebook (which I don't use very much). There are many, many people asking about the slant. Fatip themselves keep teasing with humorous pictures, but no solid date for release.

This is the latest message I saw from Fatip:
Good morning fatipers! We know, we're eating you. However, while the work on the "beautiful imperfection" continues, for this Christmas we couldn't leave you empty - So with great pride we present you:
The new fatip "the little one": the most compact razor in the collection expands its range by adding 4 new items in the two chrome and gold finishes...

Blah, blah, blah, etc... 🗣

So, the latest official word is "not yet". I'd suggest one of these:

dball.jpg

Thank you, dear friends! You have filled my heart with hope. I can expect that Fatip Slant will be born this Christmas! I will definitely go to their official Facebook site. Regards, Eugene.

Top Bottom