What's new

Fatip Piccolo angle

I've taken my Piccolo as my holiday razor this week, leaving my precious Timeless safely at home. But I'm struggling to get the shaves I used to out of the Piccolo so I think it needs a bit of a conscious technique change from the honed one I use with the Timeless.

So what shave angles do you Piccolo lovers use? I'm trying a somewhere between shallow and steep middle ground but so far the results are 7/10 and I know what this baby is capable of! With my R41 I found a steep angle worked wonders, and as my only other OC razor, perhaps this is what I should try with the Piccolo?

Tim

I go with shallow angle, riding with the cap, trying to have the least touch possible from the base. Otherwise I get face burn feeling.

I have a Fatip Grande.

As a Fatip Piccolo lover myself, my advice is that only the Piccolo can answer this question...:001_tongu

I'm a mild razor aficionado, but I use the Piccolo every week for my Sunday shave. I think of the Piccolo as the Ferrari of razors; you'll feel the difference when you find the right angle. Personally, I find that the angle varies depending on where I'm shaving. High angle on the cheeks, but low angle around corners (jawline). YMMV.

I usually start the shave riding the cap as much as possible, then as the shave progresses and I’ve adjusted to the feel, I go by intuition.

Thanks all. I really rode the cap today and had a very good shave. I think that end of the angle shave is my sweet spot with this razor.

I have a piccolo I use regularly. To begin with, coming from a mild razor, I really struggled but with time and practice have got to reasonable level of proficiency.

One thing I have found is that, of the two variables, pressure seems to be much more important than angle. As @Dovo1695 mentioned you can often change angles depending on the area you're on but if you overdo the pressure boy do you know about it!

It always takes me awhile to ‘dial in’ any new razor. The main thing is to stick with it until you really figure out how to get the most out of your new hardware.

Others may be more facile, but time and practice are what work best for this old guy!

I’m a steep angle shaver, and my experience is that the Piccolo responds particularly well to this.

And some pressure, too.

Keep experimenting, and you’ll find your personal sweet spot.

I'm here basically with the same issue. Steep ( handle close to the skin) or riding the cap. It seems that on my cheeks anything works, on my neck nothing works. I want to go steep because riding the cap seems difficult for a whole shave.

Top Bottom