What's new

Fatip open comb slant- which handle?

Looking to finally try the FOCS. It looks like it is available in two handles- “classic” or “piccolo”. What’s the difference between these handles and is there a consensus as to which one is better? Thanks

Looking to finally try the FOCS. It looks like it is available in two handles- “classic” or “piccolo”. What’s the difference between these handles and is there a consensus as to which one is better? Thanks
There's not really a consensus, it's a matter of taste.

The Piccolo handle is solid and slightly heavier than the Grande handle. The Grande handle is hollow and larger in diameter.

Some people love the Piccolo handle, others think the Piccolo handle is too small and not as easy to hold onto.

The Grande handle seems to be a bit more popular, based on forum posts. I personally like the Piccolo handle more because it feels very maneuverable, like a sports car.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I like my handles the same way I like my coffee, grande size!

proxy.php
proxy.php

And Windigo is correct, these Fatip razors are cheap man, I mean, even my gold razor only cost me around 31 US dollars, I think the standard chrome version is around 23 US dollars, so ya, real cheap razors.

Fatip has 5 handles: Piccolo, Grande, Retro, IL Grosso and Nobile.
I've tried the Piccolo, Grande & IL Grosso. My favorite has been the Grande since it's like the middle ground in size.
The Piccolo was way too small for me (it's really tiny). The IL Grosso was way to big!
The Retro's are skinny and the Nobile is rounded with a wood or ivory feel.
It's a matter of preference but I'm guessing that the Grande & Piccolo are the ones that most people buy.
The Grande name is misleading since it's actually average in size and diameter as compared to most handles.

Can you buy the handles separately? From what I’ve seen on a couple of vendors sites, it comes with either th3 classic or piccolo handle

Top Bottom