What's new

Fatip OC Mk2 Grande. How did I forget you?

My primary razors have been Fatip Grande and Picolo (have both OC and Gentile version) in my beginnings. Honestly I never enjoyed it that much. Gentile was most acceptable to me daily.

So I went for new experiences by trying several single edge razors, injectors and even shavette!

Last year, I used Rockwell 6s as my primary razor. Fantastic razor.
This year I have been using Yaqi Adjustable and Gillette Tuckaway and these have been great razors. Gillette Tuckaway could be my only razor.

But today I asked my self where is my Fatip OC? So I shaved with it.
I used to be a user that wants blade feel to understand the razor. After using other razors especially Rockwell 6s, it seems that I have changed my technique by shaving without blade feel.

Making the story short, the shave with Fatip Grande was the best in this year WTG and XTG. Not ATG but acceptable because of some nicks (I haven't found the perfect razor ATG and that is why I do only two passes).

I used an Astra SS with 3 shaves already. I ride the cap and there was no blade feel at all, just a smooth skin. This has been the smoothest shave in a long time. I am still impressed. My skin feels great . Maybe I had the best razor since the beginning of my shaving journey.

I am tempted to try Muhle R41 still this year. I have read a lot of comments about this model in this forum.

Top Bottom