What's new

Fatip OC Grande vs Piccolo differences

Hi Gents

Quick question I'm in for my first open comb never tried it so I don't want to break the bank lots of people are pointing me in the Fatip direction but which one Grande or Piccolo? Which one do you prefer and why
Thx in advance ✌

Grande handle is longer at 78 mm and is "hollow" with a small hole that goes from the threads to the end. I love this feature as cleaning and drying is much better. This is my preferred handle.
The Piccolo is shorter at 71mm, thinner and weighs more since it is solid

Piccolo Weigh: 70 g / Total length – 80 mm / Length Handle – 71 mm

Grande Weight: 66 g / Total Length – 87 mm / Handle Length – 78 mm

Grande handle is longer at 78 mm and is "hollow" with a small hole that goes from the threads to the end. I love this feature as cleaning and drying is much better. This is my preferred handle.

Thanks just ordered the chrome Fatip grande

I haven't tried the Grande but I like the Piccolo with the short handle as the end sits right in the middle of my palm. Maybe that makes it easier to hold.

The balance is different between the two thanks to the different weights and lengths of the razors. Some people may prefer the balance on the Piccolo, others may prefer the balance on the Grande. I've only used the Piccolo so far though I've held a Grande (haven't shaved with it, yet). I prefer the balance of the Piccolo, though I prefer the bigger dimensions of the Grande's handle.

This is the first time I've noticed this (over six weeks old) thread. :facep:
I'm with you 100% on the benefits of completely hollow handles. Check out the specs of THIS ONE (which was PIFd on August 22).

The Piccolo handle is actually 75mm long (and the Grande handle 81mm). I emailed Morocutti (who took over the running of Fatip's website a while back and added extra details including measurements) to tell them about their measurement errors; nothing happened. Rave (@Raven Koenes) Fatip Fanboy Supreme would know about the dates of these things.

Here are ACTUAL measurements:

PICCOLO
Weight: 73g (NOT 70)
Total Length: 80mm (Yes, 80 :001_smile)
Handle Length: 75mm (NOT 71)
Handle Diameter: 10mm
Handle Weight: 42g

GRANDE
Weight: 67g (given Fatip's tolerances, 66 is fine)
Total Length: 86mm (given Fatip's tolerances, 87 is fine)
Handle Length: 81mm (NOT 78)
Handle Diameter: 12mm (on fluted section)
Handle Weight: 36g

Here's a pic of the prototype handle by Doug (@Rosseforp) the specs of which are linked above:
PIF-3H_2021-08-14.jpg

Piccolo left, prototype center, FOCS Grande (same as normal Grande, barring the twisted vs. vertical fluted center piece) right.

This is the first time I've noticed this (over six weeks old) thread. :facep:

I'm with you 100% on the benefits of completely hollow handles. Check out the specs of THIS ONE (which was PIFd on August 22).

The Piccolo handle is actually 75mm long (and the Grande handle 81mm). I emailed Morocutti (who took over the running of Fatip's website a while back and added extra details including measurements) to tell them about their measurement errors; nothing happened. Rave (@Raven Koenes) Fatip Fanboy Supreme would know about the dates of these things.

Here are ACTUAL measurements:

PICCOLO
Weight: 73g (NOT 70)
Total Length: 80mm (Yes, 80 :001_smile)
Handle Length: 75mm (NOT 71)
Handle Diameter: 10mm
Handle Weight: 42g

GRANDE
Weight: 67g (given Fatip's tolerances, 66 is fine)
Total Length: 86mm (given Fatip's tolerances, 87 is fine)
Handle Length: 81mm (NOT 78)
Handle Diameter: 12mm (on fluted section)
Handle Weight: 36g

Here's a pic of the prototype handle by Doug (@Rosseforp) the specs of which are linked above:
View attachment 1354449
Piccolo left, prototype center, FOCS Grande (same as normal Grande, barring the twisted vs. vertical fluted center piece) right.

A thousand thanks! You are correct that these specifications came from the website...
Going to record this is my Fatip notes!

Top Bottom