What's new

Fatip MK1

I use my Mk 1 just like I use my 2011 Muhle R41, once in a while, and only when I feel like indulging in risky behavior. The Mk 1 even resembles the Muhle with the blade exposure. It seems to be a little milder to use than the Muhle, but I use the steep angle approach with both. Neither is a daily shaver for me, the Mk 2, maybe.
Lf it is the razor I had, blade reveal was large, but actual blade exposure was not. If you approach the shave going as shallow as possible, rather than going steep, you will find that it shaves smoothly and is entirely non-threatening.

Going steep with this particular razor is trying to make a square peg fit into a round hole. It's not the way the razor was designed to work.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I don't know what's right, but I use my Mk1 steep. It works a treat.

Mk1.Kit.640.7-28-18.JPG

Happy shaves,

Jim

Lf it is the razor I had, blade reveal was large, but actual blade exposure was not. If you approach the shave going as shallow as possible, rather than going steep, you will find that it shaves smoothly and is entirely non-threatening.

Going steep with this particular razor is trying to make a square peg fit into a round hole. It's not the way the razor was designed to work.
I will give it a try next time out, thanks for the suggestion. I only shaved steep as that was what I read from others that that was the preferred way to use

Are we talking about both referenced razors? I will try this approach you mentioned with both razors, maybe get smoother shaves. Thanks for the suggestion!

Top Bottom