What's new

Fatip Lo Storto OC Slant - Review

Well gents, I just had to try the Fatip Lo Storto (the crooked) as I always wanted a slant. I had my first shave with it today and what a shave it was. I'd a BSS in three passes, it's as close as a Muhle R41 without the roughness, and as close as a Muhle R94 Rocco without the price! While my go-to was a Fatip Piccolo since 2013, I'd use the R41 the odd time, but while having a recent prowl online at some new products I noticed the Fatip Slant. A lot of guys complain about the finish of a Fatip but for the relatively low price your getting a handcrafted brass three piece that will last forever. The Slant intrigued me I must say as I always wanted one but didn't want to shell out too much in case I wouldn't like it, but I love the Lo Storto. It's a beast, an ugly beast but it's super smooth, highly efficient and has the familiar Fatip OC munch!

For the shave today, I loaded it with a Nacet (great blade by the way) and I didn't pay too much attention to the blade alignment but I did check to see if it was in line with the comb and not the cap and it was fine. I slapped on some fresh Cella with my new Omega Hi Brush Synth. I was a little cautious at first, as I always am with a new cutter, but the Lo Storto was amazing and it was an effortless, super smooth and highly enjoyable shave. After the first WTG, I could have left it as it was in the DFS ballpark. After pass two, XTG I'd say I was almost BSS and then I did the ATG to a super BSS finish. Incredible really. I've been using the Rocco since early January and that's a great razor but there's something I love about Fatip and those that appreciate them know what I mean.

All in all it's definitely a mean contender, it can stand up to razors three of four times the price, and I can't wait to use it again. I think the thing with a slant is this:- when you look at it, it's twisted, it's like a puzzle and the brain says "what? You're not going shaving with that are you?" and you feel a little weird because it's symmetry is skewed. Well that's my angle at the mystery of the slant razor. Anyway who care's as long as it does the job right. If you're on the fence, pull the trigger, you may have an Italian romance in the end!
DSC_0005.JPG

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Nice review for a great razor. I can't imagine getting a smoother, more comfortable, or closer shave regardless of price.
However, I do also enjoy using my other razors also.

Top Bottom