What's new

Fatip Friday

53987991-B6B4-4883-A357-49A72F19BFE9.jpeg

FOCS Piccolo/Tiger Stainless blade

For those who have tried it.
How efficient is the Fatip Closed Comb (I believe it's called testina gentile) ? Is it more efficient than a DE89 / 34c / Gillette Tech ?

For those who have tried it.
How efficient is the Fatip Closed Comb (I believe it's called testina gentile) ? Is it more efficient than a DE89 / 34c / Gillette Tech ?
The gentile is more efficient than the Gillette Tech no idea about the DE89 or 34c. I found the open comb Fatip vs the closed comb gentile shaves just about the same. The lather flow when doing passes is a bit smoother with the open comb version. I`d suggest maybe consider an open comb Fatip razor since I find they shave just about the same.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Fatip Friday

Last night’s hoveringer shave
Fatip Grande
Sharp Titanium (1)
Damp facecloth aka “shave binky”
AP ShaveCo Dinosaur G5C 28mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: warm shower and a drop of hyaluronic acid
Lather: Cella Extra Extra Bio bowl-loaded; face-lathered
Aftershave: Aqua Velva
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: hyaluronic acid and Equate moisturizer

I don’t know how I managed it, but the razor ran at a neutral angle and barely touched or indented my skin. J-hooks issued freely and frequently to make sure the correct direction was found, and stroke lengths didn’t exceed the length of a short j-hook to reduce chances of muscling through whiskers into waiting stubble. A very gentle, close, and enjoyable foray into Happy Razor Fun Time.

Top Bottom