What's new

Fatip branded DE blades, wait what?

I can't see the back side of the blade packs. On the both rear sides it's written - ''suitable with safety and open razors'' and ''keep out of reach of children''.
Gentlemen, you can stop guessing.
I used a software that applies a kind of auto balance to images. Plays with contrast and brightness. I had to aplly it a few consecutive times, but that blade on the photo says "ice tempered", and the first word might be "Stainless". So this is a Feintechnik blade.

Gentlemen, you can stop guessing.
I used a software that applies a kind of auto balance to images. Plays with contrast and brightness. I had to aplly it a few consecutive times, but that blade on the photo says "ice tempered", and the first word might be "Stainless". So this is a Feintechnik blade.

That's what I see as well - made in EU and stainless ice tempered.

Wow, so it's now Harry's factory! I have seen a relatively recent website that still showed the brands they were making before the Harry's acquisition. I should go look for some of the posts I have read, but not all of them are on this forum. There is no reference to any DE blade production on the new website. I wonder if Harry's is allowing them to continue DE production, but not providing public information. Seems strange that they moved Bolzano to Egypt if they are still producing blades, maybe there was a pause and they restarted now? I was wrong about the Timors as they do say ice tempered and are $75/200.

Wow, so it's now Harry's factory! I have seen a relatively recent website that still showed the brands they were making before the Harry's acquisition. I should go look for some of the posts I have read, but not all of them are on this forum. There is no reference to any DE blade production on the new website. I wonder if Harry's is allowing them to continue DE production, but not providing public information. Seems strange that they moved Bolzano to Egypt if they are still producing blades, maybe there was a pause and they restarted now? I was wrong about the Timors as they do say ice tempered and are $75/200.
I believe they try to keep the B2C separated from the B2B and push their own Harry‘s consumer brand. Bolzanos afaik were produced in Germany but not by Feintechnik - but I could be wrong…

This picture was send to me and to some degree it confirms the rumors about the blades. That's the owner of rasoigoodfellas, which for those who don't know is an Italian website for shaving gear and I think it's safe to say that what he wrote is probably true. I have nothing against the Fatip blades and I honestly don't care, but I would never pay that much for 200 DE blades, just forget it.

312726309_5184193605019237_8584810150622007048_n.jpg

This picture was send to me and to some degree it confirms the rumors about the blades. That's the owner of rasoigoodfellas, which for those who don't know is an Italian website for shaving gear and I think it's safe to say that what he wrote is probably true. I have nothing against the Fatip blades and I honestly don't care, but I would never pay that much for 200 DE blades, just forget it.

View attachment 1548013
Rasoigoodfellas Is the main Italian online store and the company who owns it, Barbieri Uniti, is the mayor stockist for Italian barbershops. If they are not willing to sell the blades, given the absurd price, I foresee a cloudy future for Fatip blades.

By the way, Italian barbers' favorite choice are Elios, Astra SP and (hear hear!) Treet Platinum. Guess why, because they are cheap. I can't see them drop €65 x 200 blades when they can have the sale amount for €12-15.

Is he saying the Fatip wholesale price is 61.50 euros? That’s pretty high considering the Feathers retail on their site for just over 69 euros

Someone really should start selling/producing boutique DE blade, assuming the market is interested. The closest thing we have to it is Feather, but I'm super interested in some Western producers going out of their way to innovate in their selection, even if I have to pay $60 per/100. I suppose there isn't much in the way of quality improvements once someone has found some blades that work for their skin, given that manufacturers already have some high-quality blades, but there might be something to the idea that the blades from previous eras were superior in some way that can be replicated.

My tin foil hat theory is that not many from these blades were made and that's why they are so expensive. It could be another reason or more than one, but I've heard from people who wanted to have their own blade brand made by someone else that they have to make a huge order like 100 thousand blades or something like that, otherwise the price for those blade would be very high. Anyway, that's just a theory.

My real question is why Fatip agreed to make these blades knowing how much they would cost to the buyers? At that price point, these blades must be freaking amazing if they really want people to buy them.

My tin foil hat theory is that not many from these blades were made and that's why they are so expensive. It could be another reason or more than one, but I've heard from people who wanted to have their own blade brand made by someone else that they have to make a huge order like 100 thousand blades or something like that, otherwise the price for those blade would be very high. Anyway, that's just a theory.

My real question is why Fatip agreed to make these blades knowing how much they would cost to the buyers? At that price point, these blades must be freaking amazing if they really want people to buy them.
I just want to reiterate: Boker is selling their Feintechnik blades at 6.95 per tuck of 10 so the price is outrageous but similar.

I just want to reiterate: Boker is selling their Feintechnik blades at 6.95 per tuck of 10 so the price is outrageous but similar.

Who buys these blades? I didn't even know that Boker sells DE blades. Fun fact though, Fatip makes DE razors for Boker and I think the heads are similar to Schone, while the handles are just the regular Grande design. I wonder if the blade alignment is much better on those Bokers, but the price difference is huge.

Who buys these blades? I didn't even know that Boker sells DE blades. Fun fact though, Fatip makes DE razors for Boker and I think the heads are similar to Schone, while the handles are just the regular Grande design. I wonder if the blade alignment is much better on those Bokers, but the price difference is huge.
Hi Ivan @ivan_101 tell them the story about your Boker/Fatip :)

Last edited:
Hi Ivan @ivan_101 tell tell story about your Boker/Fatip :)
Don't even get me started. The head has 9 teeth instead of 11. Don't expect better blade alignment. Expect a less close shave compared to Fatip MKII. Although the price is much higher the quality is not better. I received a defective one - a tiny patch of missing plating on the inside of the cap. Got a replacement without sending back the first one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom