What's new

Fatip branded DE blades, wait what?

Apparently, Fatip have their own DE blades now and judging by the ''made in EU'' laser engraving on one of the blades, I think they were most likely made by Personna/Edgewell, but that's just a speculation and might not be true.

This is from the official Fatip Facebook page and it was uploaded 3 hours ago and it would take some time before they are distributed and we have the pleasure of finding out how good they are and who exactly is making them, even though there aren't that many DE blade manufacturers in the EU and it's not going to shock anyone either way.

311572188_817228569355193_3103695037796330433_n.jpg
313213586_817228662688517_6698383411742684015_n.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if this is a delayed result of moving Bolzanos to Egypt? Maybe Italian shavers aren't too pleased with the performance, or other reasons...

Btw, I've heard some folks on a Facebook shaving group spreading rumors that these blades are expected to cost around 62 euro for 200 blades and that some of the Italian merchants for shaving gear refuse to stock them, because they think that not many would spend that much on these blades. I guess we have to wait and see how this goes, but if the blades are really that expensive, then I wish them ''good luck'' :D .

I wonder if this is a delayed result of moving Bolzanos to Egypt? Maybe Italian shavers aren't too pleased with the performance, or other reasons...

I'm not sure what you mean. I could be wrong, but from what I was told, Bolzano were never made in Italy. They were made in Germany untill 2020 and then they moved their production to Egypt and I doubt that anyone knows exactly why, but they were probably cutting costs.

I'm not sure what you mean. I could be wrong, but from what I was told, Bolzano were never made in Italy. They were made in Germany untill 2020 and then they moved their production to Egypt and I doubt that anyone knows exactly why, but they were probably cutting costs.
The key is that Germany is in the EU. Bolzano is a beloved name in Italy and sending it to Egypt may have been less well received than expected. I don't know where the company is based or whether they sold the name to Lord, but that's who is making them now. They moved because Harrys bough the German factory and discontinued DE blades. I believe there is only 2 German factories left now, maybe only one. I have been stock pilling Feintechnik blades because they suit me well, but others won't miss them.

The key is that Germany is in the EU. Bolzano is a beloved name in Italy and sending it to Egypt may have been less well received than expected. I don't know where the company is based or whether they sold the name to Lord, but that's who is making them now. They moved because Harrys bough the German factory and discontinued DE blades. I believe there is only 2 German factories left now, maybe only one. I have been stock pilling Feintechnik blades because they suit me well, but others won't miss them.

Is it true that Muhle and Merkur blades are made by Personna Edgewell? If that's true and Feintechnik is closed, then no more Chroma Diamond blades as well. The only German blades that I've used are the Wilkinson and Personna.

Is it true that Muhle and Merkur blades are made by Personna Edgewell? If that's true and Feintechnik is closed, then no more Chroma Diamond blades as well. The only German blades that I've used are the Wilkinson and Personna.
All of the recent Muhle and Merkur blades are made in CZ as far as I know including those that I have purchased. I believe somebody mentioned Dovo still has a blade factory as they have posted photos of those, but I would have to do some digging to find the posts. I am just spit balling with what I remember, so take that how you wish. The Timors are another mystery as they are still made in DE, but I don't know if they are old stock or made by Dovo. I think the Edgewell still runs the factory that makes Wilkinson Sword(Schick in other markets) and Personna. I got myself told off the last time I tried to get this right without looking up the relevant posts, but I am 99% sure Feintechnik is done because Harrys doesn't care about DEs.

My original point was, maybe these Fatip blades are to appeal to shavers that want EU made blades(with a well know name). And are willing to pay for it!

All of the recent Muhle and Merkur blades are made in CZ as far as I know including those that I have purchased. I believe somebody mentioned Dovo still has a blade factory as they have posted photos of those, but I would have to do some digging to find the posts. I am just spit balling with what I remember, so take that how you wish. The Timors are another mystery as they are still made in DE, but I don't know if they are old stock or made by Dovo. I think the Edgewell still runs the factory that makes Wilkinson Sword(Schick in other markets) and Personna. I got myself told off the last time I tried to get this right without looking up the relevant posts, but I am 99% sure Feintechnik is done because Harrys doesn't care about DEs.

My original point was, maybe these Fatip blades are to appeal to shavers that want EU made blades(with a well know name). And are willing to pay for it!

I'm sure a lot of people from Europe and all around the world would like that as well, but if the price for 200 Fatip blades really is 62 euro, then I doubt that many would buy them. It's true that people value quality, but they also want it to be affordable and with all the great, quality and cheap blades that we're literally swimming in, I'm going pass for sure.

Btw, I've heard some folks on a Facebook shaving group spreading rumors that these blades are expected to cost around 62 euro for 200 blades and that some of the Italian merchants for shaving gear refuse to stock them, because they think that not many would spend that much on these blades. I guess we have to wait and see how this goes, but if the blades are really that expensive, then I wish them ''good luck'' :D .
That would not make sense as their razors are inexpensive......., a razor same price as 100 blades.....; not many would be sold.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I'm sure a lot of people from Europe and all around the world would like that as well, but if the price for 200 Fatip blades really is 62 euro, then I doubt that many would buy them. It's true that people value quality, but they also want it to be affordable and with all the great, quality and cheap blades that we're literally swimming in, I'm going pass for sure.
200 blades for €62 they can sing for it.

Top Bottom