What's new

Fatip blade alignment

They still do. I have several "new" Fatip razors and they all have the same misalignment problem. One would say it is not a problem but "loose tolerances". One can spin this using warped language to make it sound like designed with "loose tolerances" on purpose. In my opinion, it is poor design.
Yes, they still have the same misalignment problem. But it "only" takes 4 seconds to fix it at your end.
It is not warped language. If you can align the blade manually, then the razor is not "misaligned". There are plenty of people that own Fatips on this board that do not experience these "alignment issues". Some folks just have to make a tempest in a teacup about "alignment issues" to scare every newbie within 100 miles away from Fatip. That's too bad, because they miss out on an all-brass razor that shaves great, for a bargain price.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
My suggestion to folks who have perceived Fatip blade alignment issues is to send your Fatips to me for exorcism. No charge. /s

Those blade alignment demons can be stubborn so the exorcism might take years. Or forever. /s

I am happy to do this service for you so you can reduce the frustration these misaligned Fatips are bringing to you. /s

;) ;) 🤣 🤣 ;) ;) 🤣 🤣 ;) ;) 🤣 🤣

They still do. I have several "new" Fatip razors and they all have the same misalignment problem. One would say it is not a problem but "loose tolerances". One can spin this using warped language to make it sound like designed with "loose tolerances" on purpose. In my opinion, it is poor design.
Yes, they still have the same misalignment problem. But it "only" takes 4 seconds to fix it at your end.
I'll happily endure the hardship of a 4 second load for a solid brass razor and the best shave I've ever had.

No one said the razor is misaligned. It has been said, quite truthfully, that there is a misalignment problem as in blade misalignment. This is due to poor design/manufacturing process, in my opinion. It is well documented on this forum, with pictures showing the area underneath the posts where diameter changes dramatically.
Yes, I agree, an all-brass razor that shaves great, for a bargain price. If you can get over the misalignment problems.
I still believe the Italians can get this fixed, if they wanted.

I've got a SE and it's got alignment issues that I can't fix (the blade it sticks out more in one side than the other).
So after reading some posts regarding frakenrazors I decided to play with it.
So far I've tried successfully the Yaqi Mellon top cap and Maggard's V2 OC, with advantage to the second one for smoothness.
One other advantage is you can use another handle you want which you can't with the standard topcap because it uses another thread.

As anyone else tried a similar approach? If yes which one?
Personally I would love to find an aluminum topcap but just can't see any that can work.

Top Bottom