What's new

Father's Day with Turtleship Te Java

I received a Turtleship Brush and Te Java soap for Father's Day. I had tried several of the Turtleship samples previously and was very impressed with their soap. The brush is outstanding and I'll post a picture in the brush forum if I can figure out how to do it.

The soap: What a great quality performer.

Ingredients: Tallow, Mango Butter, Stearic Acid, Shea Butter, Castor Oil, Jojoba Oil, Abyssinian Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Avocado Oil, Glycerin, Goat Milk, Lanolin, Raw Honey, Tussah Silk, Aloe Vera, Water, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Hydroxide, Essential Oils and/or Fragrance.

The ingredients are fantastic and the post shave is the best I have felt so far. It compares favorably to L&L, Sudsy Soapery, Nuavia, T&L, etc.

Latherability- It takes a little time to lather. I starting with a shaken damp brush and loaded for a 4 pass shave (about 45 seconds) and seemed not to have enough product when initially bowl lathering. I determined that this was a thirsty soap based on the ingredients and kept adding a few drops of water at a time until the lather finally exploded. Very creamy and rich.

Glide and protection - Very nice performance overall. I achieved my four pass BBS Father's Day shave with no irritation or weepers. Other high end soaps are just as slick but for some reason, this soap is very protective overall.

Scent - Te Java is a Tea/Honey scent that is very pleasant. I would say the scent strength is mid level. Not overpowering but very nice. The scent continues to unfold while lathering and through application. Some have criticized Turtleship scents as being simple and one dimensional. While I could agree that they are simple, I would say they are extremely high quality and well executed. They are what they say they are. Of the scents I tried, I like the Te Java best so far but I like all the ones I've tried.

Packaging - Very nice container with attractive waterproof labeling.

Post Shave - Take a look at the ingredients and you can see why the post shave of this soap is outstanding. This is the first time in a year that I did not use a splash or balm just because the post shave was so pleasant. Well thought out and high quality ingredients has lead to another outstanding artisan soap. I hate ranking soaps because it is so subjective but this soap ranks up there with the best i've tried.

Nice review. That is a great ingredients list. I have a couple of samples at my house but have not tried them yet because I'm trying to get through some older soaps first. This soap sounds really promising.

Man I tried Turtleship Te Java for the first time the other day, one of the best first impressions of a shave soap I have experienced in a while. Lather quality reminds me of Wk tallow formula, makes a shiny creamy lather. The good news is that it is a bit harder of a soap that WK plus it dries faster, but both are incredible soap formulas. The tubs that Turtleship uses are excellent as well.

Man I tried Turtleship Te Java for the first time the other day, one of the best first impressions of a shave soap I have experienced in a while. Lather quality reminds me of Wk tallow formula, makes a shiny creamy lather. The good news is that it is a bit harder of a soap that WK plus it dries faster, but both are incredible soap formulas. The tubs that Turtleship uses are excellent as well.
I agree about the Turtleship tub and texture but didn't share the same great first impression results you did... Got any tips on how you lathered it? I'm not usually a bloomer but I get the impression that'd help with this soap so I'll be trying that next time I use it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I agree about the Turtleship tub and texture but didn't share the same great first impression results you did... Got any tips on how you lathered it? I'm not usually a bloomer but I get the impression that'd help with this soap so I'll be trying that next time I use it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don't usually bloom soaps, and tend to reach for synthetic brushes most of the time. Just kept loading the brush with plenty of water, may have overloaded a bit but got a incredible lather from this soap. The scent of Te java is nice and clean, tea and honey. If you think it would help you may want to try blooming the soap and hopefully it will help you get a better lather.

I don't usually bloom soaps, and tend to reach for synthetic brushes most of the time. Just kept loading the brush with plenty of water, may have overloaded a bit but got a incredible lather from this soap. The scent of Te java is nice and clean, tea and honey. If you think it would help you may want to try blooming the soap and hopefully it will help you get a better lather.

Got it, thanks. It may have just been an off day between me and this soap, which is why I'm considering five days when reviewing them. Have a great day.

Thanks you too. I had a similar experience with the new T&S soap formula, found the lather underwhelming at best, but so many people have been raving about this soap so its always good to use the product a few times before passing judgement.

Top Bottom