What's new

Father's Day shave: The Winning Razor (TWR)

The Yates/Wet Shaving Club Winning Razor (TWR) was my Father's Day gift for this year.

IMG_20220618_125330862.jpg

I have to admit, I was skeptical of this razor's performance because the blade exposure appears so minimal. But after the first pass I was astonished at how well it worked. A two-pass shave provided me as close to a BBS across my entire face and neck that I've ever gotten from a DE razor. The razor-to-face feel is different from other DE razors, but that seems to be due to the head's shape and enforced angle design. The weight and balance of this razor seem just right to me. No clogging, no irritation, and an exceptionally close shave. After using this razor once it's hard for me to imagine a better performing razor, particularly at its price point. Recommended!

Happy Father's Day. Enjoy your new razor. I have heard good things about this razor. Do the lather holes rinse easily?

The Yates/Wet Shaving Club Winning Razor (TWR) was my Father's Day gift for this year.

View attachment 1474754

I have to admit, I was skeptical of this razor's performance because the blade exposure appears so minimal. But after the first pass I was astonished at how well it worked. A two-pass shave provided me as close to a BBS across my entire face and neck that I've ever gotten from a DE razor. The razor-to-face feel is different from other DE razors, but that seems to be due to the head's shape and enforced angle design. The weight and balance of this razor seem just right to me. No clogging, no irritation, and an exceptionally close shave. After using this razor once it's hard for me to imagine a better performing razor, particularly at its price point. Recommended!
Congrats, it’s a very well designed razor executed brilliantly. Great shaves to you… :thumbup1:

How long have you had this razor, and has it performed exceptionally every time you've used it?
Started as a newbie with a cheapo QShave adjustable 4 months ago. TWR was my first DE and began alternating with the Karve Overlander. I can confidently say that every less-than-DFS shave was and is operator error, not the fault of the TWR. Clogged with lather once (overly thick lather) and only blade that has failed with me are the Feathers. Once you easily find the angle, it locks itself into position. Narrowness of the head reaches into every facial crevice with ease.

I cannot see any circumstances in my future shaves where TWR will be displaced by another razor. For me, it is THAT good!

First of all Yates did a tremendous job producing this thing. So solid. Out of all the companies right now, they are one that is at the top of my list. After putting a blade in I had to do a double take because the blade exposure was so tiny. Also, it really clamps it well. That being said the results are stellar! The process was rewarding even though I struggled with the angle to start. Head shave will also take some practice. Didn’t have to work too hard for a smooth result, but again, consistently finding the angle will take some time. Overall very happy with my purchase! I feel like this razor is going to become a favorite.

Top Bottom